sadmanbarty

good idea. i think we should have probably done that with tommy lee sparta rather than the harlequin. the grand ideas put people off.

luka

Well we can do that too. I like soul reaper cos it's fruity and it's got a video and he goes through his whole range of affects but whatever you think is the best hook to reel them in. The harlequin thing I like having it there as a marker to say, yes, we have noticed this thing. Even if it's not as a launchpad for discussion but just as a document.

sadmanbarty

The harlequin thing I like having it there as a marker to say, yes, we have noticed this thing. Even if it's not as a launchpad for discussion but just as a document.

i've realised that's the best way to go. i was intending to say it to third yesterday but forgot. don't expect to many discussions on dissensus the corspey talent show route is more fruitful and less frustrating. blog dissensus.

luka

Everyone gets the chance to come to the front of the classroom and show off. Get it out their system.

luka

You know that reminds me I was thinking the other day corpse invented talent show but corpse hasn't done talent show.usually when people make these suggestions it's cos they hope someone will do the same for them. Like I try and engage with people in the way I want them to engage with me, hoping for reciprocation. Have we missed something here? Should we be demanding a corpse 100 or does he work in a genuinely more self effacing way?

sadmanbarty

I thought about it too, but corpse can’t make direct eye contact. Whole threads can be made about him, whole parody twitter accounts and he’ll just ignore them. Act as if they don’t exist.

sadmanbarty

The one exception is when I ask him to do poetry stuff. I guess it’s because it’s safe ground where he can’t feel inferior; he obviously knows more about poetry than me.

body_wall

20 minutes I was halfway through starting a thread about 21st futurism being inadvertent. Baseline and drill artists calling themselves code names (t2, v9, c1) without opting for other futurist signifiers.

Comparing how zapp would call their vocal treatments robotic to how autotune isn’t posited as similarly futurist these days.

Make this thread fam. I've thought about this bare. Like what does it mean that so many guys came out with totally unmemorable names. The totally faceless ballied up crew and the impenetrable slang that makes "all drill sound the same" but as someone earlier said is really just trying to stay well under the radar from obos and casual listeners.

It all exists out of necessity of course; not letting your face and government name be known

I would post all my fav drilly tunes ❌

william_kent

B's & K's

#Moscow17 Incognito x LooseScrew -LightWork

bumping because original link dead just like one of the "man dem"

sort of sad, one future never realised

frontline ting

edit: treasure every moment you have with those you love

Last edited: