luka

Post grime is also at the same time grime as starting point. Beginning. Lots of really interesting things to think about

CrowleyHead

A lot of this period has been a series of ingenious attempts to solve the problem of an English accent. I think Wiley is probably the first man to solve this impossible equation. There are different approaches to it. It's very very tricky.

On a sad note about this, I remember hearing Wiley on a podcast getting interviewed and he wanted to open it with why Iggy Azalea was better than anyone in the UK because she could do An American Accent. You can tell that the accent is in fact an obsession of Wiley's both in it's proper utilization and looking at it as a albatross.

luka

The whole thing with Wiley is that he solved it. It's why so solid looked old overnight. They never solved it. They do garage voice.

luka

It's like solving quantum physics. Everything after comes from that moment almost.

luka

Crowley can you respond to where we was baiting you on the road rap thread please mate thank you

luka

I would put it up against anything in the uk so far. It holds up to it all imo. There's some right rubbish on there but even those are sort of enjoyably rubbish

luka

Not what I was hoping for, to be honest. Would have preferred 100 tracks, with some write up. But I know these things take time and there's better things to be doing.

It's Barty week. That's just a scene setter.

sadmanbarty

Not what I was hoping for, to be honest. Would have preferred 100 tracks, with some write up. But I know these things take time and there's better things to be doing.

bloody hell.

let me grab something to eat and then i'll grace you with my profound and insightful prose.

sadmanbarty

Garage

Garage was the Eden into which my generation was born, from which we fell. It signified a post-racial London. A post-class London. An aspirational London. A dancing London.

It was the London of the hardcore continuum. The London, which this list documents the death of...

sadmanbarty

Turn of the Millennium Dancehall

Dancehall is the lifeblood of London. It gives it its pulse. The city's distinct rhythmic lexicon is derived from it. The universal theory of tresillo.

sadmanbarty

RnB

Pop music as the rhythmic avant garde.

We need American's because British girls can't sing; we've got the wrong kind of churches.

luka

I think that tune is garage in disguise. I'm obsessed with it. All these dead people leaving these indelible marks.