Kyrgyzstan

IdleRich

IdleRich
Though it's made more complicated cos they often russify their names like Kasparov/Kasparian or Paradjanov whatever he was originally called.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
How difficult is it just on a practical level? And do you have to eat mutton? I'm a life long vegetarian
Practically it's pretty easy - everything's connected by a surprisingly effective system of semi-scheduled minibuses called marshrutkas, and there's enough tourism, at least in the places that we looked at going, that you can find places to stay and to eat without much trouble. Picking up very basic tourist Russian helps a lot.

My girlfriend is veggie and got along okay - there's a lot of meat in the food, but stuff's normally prepared on the spot and restaurants seem to have no problems leaving it out. Might be a bit harder if you do a lot of homestays or if you're scrupulous about checking what sort of stock they've used or whatever.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Practically it's pretty easy - everything's connected by a surprisingly effective system of semi-scheduled minibuses called marshrutkas
Ah they have this in Chelyabinsk where my girlfriend is from. The public transport system there kinda collapsed and was replaced by this private minibus network run by (I think) Armenians. For me it's a fantastic system cos there are hundreds and hundreds of routes going all through the city, they're really fast and you never have to wait more than about two minutes at a stop to go somewhere (admittedly not always where you planned). And it costs like 3p. My girlfriend sees them as a representation of the collapsed system but I see them as maybe the best bus service I've ever known.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
found a little collage type of painting made of fabrics yesterday, i think it might be from kyrgyzstan or depict a scene from kyrgyzstan. when are we going?

EQ0Lc9VX0AAHYI_.jpg