Wheelies

luka

This is by no means the first but surely the most influential foundational video in terms of creating UK wheelie culture. Typically we get a less insane, less intense, milder version with bicycles replacing dirt bikes

luka

you never see any of these kids practicising... Or being kind of half good, they all seem to be born cycling on one wheel, insouciant, nerveless, in complete control.

jenks

thread death
you never see any of these kids practicising... Or being kind of half good, they all seem to be born cycling on one wheel, insouciant, nerveless, in complete control.

I am always impressed - as someone who spends a great deal of time on a bike, watching someone pop an effortless wheelie and hold it for ages gives me hope for humankind.

This lad Tom Pidcock has all the skills:

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i've been watching so much wheelie video's by now. i don't know if it's still a thing in holland but it was for about a decennium ago. what i like about the video's is the powerpoint style edits with sliding scene's, the simple graphics and the choice of music. but above all it's the joy that these guys are having and the camaraderie. it's good to play. to take an object and see what the possibilities are, to see how far you can go with it.