sadmanbarty

in britain literally everything can be a "cunt"

"i went to visit my my mum in hospital"

"oh sorry to hear that, how is the old cunt?"

Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
Holy shit I know about how Brits throw cunt around like it's fucking confetti. Look, I used to write for a website in the early oughties who had a TV show on Channel Four (website: Disinformation, show: Infinity Factory i think), and I interacted with loads of Brits in the chat room and the forums so I picked up on the customs and a little bit of the language. I wasn't saying I was offended, but phrases like "cunts gonna get shanked" kind of came off as hostile (as opposed to 'good natured') for some reason.

Leo

We had something similar in the oughties, To Catch a Predator with Chris Hansen. Enjoy it while it lasts. Still not sure why the pedo-hunting craze died off so quickly in the States (show ran for maybe 4 years, was hugely popular, then just vanished).

"The show was cancelled in 2008, in part because Louis Conradt, an assistant district attorney in Rockwall County, Texas, shot himself after he was caught talking to and exchanging pictures with a Perverted-Justice volunteer posing as a 13-year-old boy. When Conradt did not show up for a prearranged meeting, NBC and local police tracked him to his home. He committed suicide as police and an NBC camera crew entered his home."

a regular barrel of laughs.

they also faced entrapment charges.

Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
"The show was cancelled in 2008, in part because Louis Conradt, an assistant district attorney in Rockwall County, Texas, shot himself after he was caught talking to and exchanging pictures with a Perverted-Justice volunteer posing as a 13-year-old boy. When Conradt did not show up for a prearranged meeting, NBC and local police tracked him to his home. He committed suicide as police and an NBC camera crew entered his home."

a regular barrel of laughs.

they also faced entrapment charges.

So enjoy the nonce-hunting craze until someone commits suicide.

droid

Nucleus, Im sorry to hear you've been having health problems and I hope that all works out OK for you.

As you know because you've been here for a good while, people aren't shy about taking the piss out of each other for the things they post. However, generally these moments pass and we mostly get along despite our many disagreements.

The ambiguous ironic trolling thing you've got going on just isnt working. I encourage to engage in some genuine & sincere conversation instead of just acting like a dick all the time, and Im sure we'll all be able to get along just fine in the future.

Last edited:

luka

This is absolutely right and what I keep trying to say. Just relax. We're not your enemies. We just want to play.

Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
The ambiguous ironic trolling thing you've got going on just isnt working. I encourage to engage in some genuine & sincere conversation instead of just acting like a dick all the time, and Im sure we'll all be able to get along just fine in the future.

It works for me and that's all I care about at this point.

That's it. I'm done talking about myself and I hope everyone here is finished talking about/messing with me. Again, the only reason I'm only here is to review some old posts from a decade ago, call out someone I met in an alternate reality (yeah, laugh all you want), and make the occasional drive-by post. Forget about sincere and genuine conversation. That ship sailed 10 years ago.... (mumbling) chased off for accusing someone of being "into toddler rape" and using an excessive amount of Lacanian terminology. What a load of bollocks.

Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
What does it matter how old I am? Look, what we have here is a failure to communicate. That's all. This board thought I was trolling, being a dick, etc. but all I was doing was probing. I'm American. I have no idea what y'all are talking about most the time in the Music forum. I used to love the Thought, Politics, and Literature boards in 2008-09 because we had in depth conversations that would meander and wind up somewhere surprising and interesting. I don't see it now. Maybe, as Luka claimed earlier, you successfully "chased off all the intellectuals."

Sorry if I sound like a dick. Just defending myself against a herd of dicks who love to pile on.

And damn you for making me talk about myself. I'm done with it. Move on.