The Harlequin

luka

It's frustrating when you are being obstructionist for no good reason because it stalls momentum. It's quite difficult when you refuse to accept the framework any given conversation is taking place within. It makes everything more difficult than it needs to be cos we get bogged down in irrelevancies. If you don't accept, can't work with the initial premise then just let us get on with it, do you know what I mean? Not being nasty but I'm frustrated. There's loads of other threads.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
It's not that i don't accept the premises, it's that i struggle to ffs. half of this shit is based on visual perception which i have no access to. half of the time you lot are talking about the videos and bleached skin and personal pose.

Alright, I'm out of here.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
just sounds like all that crappy autotune dancehall that is so popular now with some parody shabba circa 2001.

all those try hard london evocations cheese me off.

i can't see it im sorry.

Last edited:

luka

Ok. I'm sorry to have an outburst I just feel a bit stuck, like I can't shift the dynamic to something more productive, there's stuck energy here, not a single direction but a deadlock and it's very very aggravating.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Whatever i'm not sure why you're taking it out on me by your own admission you hardly listen to any new music but are playing the role of barty's manager. ok, great, but then what?

What do you want me to bring to the table?

alright, ive retreated into nerd music for the most part. I'll hold my hand up and admit that. but my emotional centres are dead. what am i supposed to do? I'm in a vegetative fog, I have no idea what london is listening to at the moment i hardly leave my room. if that's annoying then I'll take my leave. but i also hate doing wanky confessions like this.

Again sorry for the hostility but i thought i was gonna go to hospital on Saturday night to be locked up and slept for nearly all of yesterday with a killer headache from having a breakdown.

Last edited:

sadmanbarty

No worries third. I had a similar outburst when luke didn’t play along with my 2010’s future thread (which funnily ebough, this thread is a related to). Nothing personal.

Once you do your top 100, the forum will be transformed in your image

luka

I hope im not taking anything out on you im just trying to diagnose and solve a problem we're having with our conversations. Sorry you're having a hard time. This isn't a thread about what music is good or what we like. It's something different. It's an attempt to explain why Tommy Lee is accused of being satanic whereas Shabba never would of. I'll make a more thorough attempt to explain when I get home.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
ok cool. though I'm sure web eschatology can attest satanism is beyond parody in rock music. you thought 1 pound fish was parody? multiply that by a million and you still don't even come close.

other_life

bioconfused
ok i'm gonna make carol's post for her sorry carol
she's having difficulty w this balls ancient forum apparently:

i sold u as an Ayatollah to these people
am i reaaally like that? thank you

young thug & White Internet Fags claiming him for ourselves; subtly pivoted to masculinity; functional psych-trap post-jeffery
difference between early cloud rap and the harlequin phenomenon
white kids having to have their rap be Special in some way
distrusting gays in a regular way + sgp's entire Bit
off-brand young thugs
a lot of it is because of Queer ties . every new rapper got flashy again because of vogue falling in square. defense strategies in textiles. similar to how everyone flaunted fucked up fashion when mcqueen was alive
thugger even said no one gone survive on his runway. it's been taken back but at what cost when it has this online escapist white audience? and at that an audience thatll soak up any sense of rebellion from it
like do or die depending if you have fashion sense
maybe i'm just fashion ridden. ha. but thats another aspect to look past because something like vlone defeats colorful expressions. what purrp follows off of in a way, is this nonspecific brutal dualist appearance.
everyone just fell into a no-range militant state of mind presumably because the harlequin (as an ideal, then?) fell apart. very in touch with mcqueen. what pharrell said about "rainbow angst" on n.e.r.d's "1000".

other_life

bioconfused
sgp as the opposite [maybe not necessarily? i'm sure he has tunes where he elides his tongue and throws his voice, he does have something of a high/nasally thing going in some tunes] of the harlequin also plays lots at the occult/satanic. cursing someone out on twitter w an enochian key

luka

No worries third. I had a similar outburst when luke didn’t play along with my 2010’s future thread (which funnily ebough, this thread is a related to). Nothing personal.

Once you do your top 100, the forum will be transformed in your image

The thing with the future thread and the ethno nationalism one lol is, I didn't like doing it, I knew it was upsetting you and it was upsetting me too, but my experience of that run of threads was very different to this run of threads. The way I felt was that those were structurally divisive, oppositional, antagonistic, wind up threads, not at all in a nasty, mean way, but were working on a kind of contrarianism and mischief that was always going to make it you vs the world because they took articles of faith and threw them into doubt. That's how I felt about them at the time. I was bit uncomfortable with them.

I think this run of threads is the total opposite , they're all positivity, creation, generosity, inclusivity, openness and energy. It's all giving.

That's my personal feelings and emotions concerning that stuff. I would always rather play along.

luka

ok cool. though I'm sure web eschatology can attest satanism is beyond parody in rock music. you thought 1 pound fish was parody? multiply that by a million and you still don't even come close.

I don't necessarily mean playing with explicit satanic imagery (although that is there, upside down crucifixes and so on) I mean the association gets made by the audience, they often experience these performers as satanic/luciferian, partly because of this sense of possession "I am Legion" know what I mean?

CrowleyHead

Damn I really made the Tommy Lee remark so recently, feels like forever somehow.

<iframe width="727" height="409" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zEXiAOUTlbs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I fell in love with his voice a few years ago, he really got the melodramatics of Kartel down in a fascinating way. So many weird twists and turns.

Webeschatology knows this comparison I've made, and he rolls his eyes and scoffs at it too but

<iframe width="545" height="409" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qRNfeMaUBbo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I just have an attraction to that extremity of character in the voice. It's all just 'affect' and non-musical in the metal version but Tommy Lee takes all of that, merges it within autotune and then forces a musicality to things that shouldn't support it.