thirdform

pass the sick bucket
valerio tricoli water music also a good un, v delicate.

i have some erstwhile stuff but am not really sure if it's all that.

Chris Douglas did some pretty glitched out stuff.

in terms of pop structures going avant-garde mouse on mars side project called Lithops, basically ambient glitch dub instrumental pop songs, or something.

there's a lot of pitchfork approved sound collage stuff on like halcyon veil or whatever but nothing has really grabbed me so far.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i downloaded some arne nordheime off what.cd or redacted whatever, should give that a relisten. remember loads of smashing glass sounds all reverbed and pitched, pretty wicked.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
oh, i have some italian thing which I'll rec later, i was raving about it to my mate at boomkat, usually he's the one turning people onto stuff but...

treelethargy

many doors yes?
just remembered a perfect subject for both EDM and electroacoustic that'd fit very nicely in this thread; the automatics group's "summer mix". uses EDM as a meta-concrete material, maybe pushing it into the abstract because it was created by mathematically-temporally smearing EDM anthems. so crystalline it hurts. (also pulls at my nostalgia so much. being a post-millennial i grew up with many of the source songs. i never knew a discrete Fourier transformation algorithm could be the necessary process, and EDM a necessary base, for a record that sounds like an analysis of the human brain as it remembers and mentally plays back trance anthems.)
uploaded courtesy of myself years ago. great addition to the deep end electroacoustic continuum, albeit a rhythmic one because the Impulse is a permanently present function of time

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
lol i remember all that tacky trance as well sadly being a young person. am starting to get really annoyed about everyone in techno rehabilitating it. lorenzo senni, yuck.

you know i've always wanted to dissociate 90s disco house. im not sure how to explain it. just cut off all bass sounds and smear the disco loops into infinity. i have a feeling/crazy idea in my head it will sound like some zomby chopped and screwed.

listening to that automatics group thing now. could almost be a dub techno record.

treelethargy

many doors yes?
listening to that automatics group thing now. could almost be a dub techno record.
everyone, including theo burt himself, said it was basically like gas and basic channel etc LOL. what i love here though is that there's a kind of ontological state. is there already this beautiful hazy atmosphere present in the trance anthems? or did it make itself present when the process took place? like how wolfgang voigt processes music he likes and puts kicks on it, was there already beauty in that music? either or. i like remembering trance anthems. the way they're produced and engineered is stunning. hard limited and suffocatingly crystalline and sweeping.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
everyone, including theo burt himself, said it was basically like gas and basic channel etc LOL. what i love here though is that there's a kind of ontological state. is there already this beautiful hazy atmosphere present in the trance anthems? or did it make itself present when the process took place? like how wolfgang voigt processes music he likes and puts kicks on it, was there already beauty in that music? either or. i like remembering trance anthems. the way they're produced and engineered is stunning. hard limited and suffocatingly crystalline and sweeping.

yeah i've heard that. the problem with trance anthems for me is those digga digga melodies sound like some fascist parade to me. like i was chatting to my mate how ayla - ayla came on youtube and i was kinda getting into it until that breakdown and it just made me scrunch my face uncomfortably. i like the idea of what trance is supposed to achieve but it never does it for me. well, the early underground trance does, but otherwise...

this is my platonic conception of trance but nothing really comes close. love that bleepy melody. proper euphoric.

treelethargy

many doors yes?
what you think of that RKSS one on UIQ?
i like rkss but their approach to sample packs could have been done better. maybe more tactile.
the closer to dj tools, here, though. really good. should have been the style of the whole record. kind of the music that plays in my head when i've just about been through enough for the week (experience alone.)

other_life

bioconfused
you know i've always wanted to dissociate 90s disco house. im not sure how to explain it. just cut off all bass sounds and smear the disco loops into infinity. i have a feeling/crazy idea in my head it will sound like some zomby chopped and screwed.

proposition the Crew will definitely play w and maybe expand on for improv jams. we'll report back

treelethargy

many doors yes?
yeah i've heard that. the problem with trance anthems for me is those digga digga melodies sound like some fascist parade to me. like i was chatting to my mate how ayla - ayla came on youtube and i was kinda getting into it until that breakdown and it just made me scrunch my face uncomfortably. i like the idea of what trance is supposed to achieve but it never does it for me. well, the early underground trance does, but otherwise...

very guilty of loving this track. the buildup at 2:47 changed me hearing it as a kid, it maybe opened up a world of drawing out absolutely anything memorable with reverb to me.

treelethargy

many doors yes?
i can see where the target went for this thread, oops. i appreciate it either way!

this stockhausen piece (a background from dienstag aus licht) is a good overload. colossal monolithic textures. nice and suffocating but maybe just more warm sounding

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
is there already this beautiful hazy atmosphere present in the trance anthems? or did it make itself present when the process took place? like how wolfgang voigt processes music he likes and puts kicks on it, was there already beauty in that music? either or. i like remembering trance anthems. the way they're produced and engineered is stunning. hard limited and suffocatingly crystalline and sweeping.

you know what though, you've hit onto something. I'm always looking for that packaged machine soul euphoria, just in other forms.

like i could never imagine ever looking for 'platonic italo.' maybe because trance can be used in different sorts of contexts and the idea of trance in *music* predated 90s eurotrance.

treelethargy

many doors yes?
suddenly remembered "pumpkin (ambient)"... plutonian ideal. tugged a little at the soul of kpunk and realized this is musique concrete at its finest.

playing a sample back so impossibly slow that it gains an entirely new texture because of technological limits. goldfrapp's vocals cover it a little too much but the times when the background is clear make me so happy. seems kpunk influence runs in my family (what, my parents like(d) goldie's "timeless", tricky's "maxinquaye" AND japan's "tin drum" among other things when i was a kid? ties in.) maybe not overloading like i'd want it to be but i wish there were more similar precedents to today's abundant (and exploitative) crush on chopping and screwing

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
yeah i know that cyber people. i have to download it and pitch it down. i will try it later.

some acid at -15 is more than ideal.

anyway

i've always avoided Stockhausen lol. the man always cheesed me off, and not for his 9-11 remark, just his weird superiority complex. i like his piano pieces though. really bluesy and swinging - though don't tell his corpse that for fear of 'post-african repetitions' censure.