luka

Glad you get it Barty. It's not supposed be a cryptic crossword clue for brain geniuses. It's immediate.

sadmanbarty

Skies the grey of crystal, instant of ecstatic memory
Vagabond river, low companion, with the seamen and the dockers
and the beggars on the wharves.
Was it with the barges
ploughing up the water and the little boats moored and nodding
with the movement of the waves. Muscled water strident, strandent, swift surging
onrush of green river running east to sea.
To the inconsolable, dark water, eddying
Death undone so
And we are the inconsolable, kicking at the stones.

tallow grease hide under repentant moon
gobble
gobble
any degradation suffered
for the momentary illusion
of love
or something like it

in the strong arms encircled wrapped around.

there's a whole homoerotic subtext to this.

sailors are associated with being gay. then you've got semen and the docking. stretching it a bit you could say beggars is like buggers and nodding like noddy. "muscled". "grease". "gobble gobble". "for the momentary illusionof loveor something like it. in the strong arms encircled wrapped around."

sadmanbarty

Moon biscuit.

sounds like something from one of those 70's childrens shows. like the clangers or the magic roundabout.

is also chimes with all these kind lower-middle class comfort signifiers dotted throughout. the poem's got nimby qualities to it. it's a certain view of london from a very specific socio-economic perspective.

sadmanbarty

Here's your ticket take it step
aboard.

Avarice Shore gold rain shower sea

all glittery
Dolphin

into air
And back again.

very evocative this bit. it's like watching blue planet, all high def and colour balanced.

luka

sounds like something from one of those 70's childrens shows. like the clangers or the magic roundabout.

is also chimes with all these kind lower-middle class comfort signifiers dotted throughout. the poem's got nimby qualities to it. it's a certain view of london from a very specific socio-economic perspective.

Yeah vegetable empire does that a lot too.

luka

I was never a schoolboy with a satchel scuffing against the spine but that schoolboy is an integral part of English literature. He haunts English literature, he lives there, In its imaginary

sadmanbarty

I was never a schoolboy with a satchel scuffing against the spine but that schoolboy is an integral part of English literature. He haunts English literature, he lives there, In its imaginary

you know when corpsey called me a cunt for not being a proper lad on my blog. there's something innate in the english language to make you someone you're not. it's structures and syntax contain the ghost of some weird posho who got spanked at public school. it's a possessed language.

sadmanbarty

he's in dancehall too. particularly noticeable in vybz kartel. lil wayne taps into it as well. the poncey apparition that travels with every utterance of the englosh mother tongue

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
you know when corpsey called me a cunt for not being a proper lad on my blog. there's something innate in the english language to make you someone you're not. it's structures and syntax contain the ghost of some weird posho who got spanked at public school. it's a possessed language.

dunno if its cos im stone for the first time in months but this is ace. the class system is built in.

version

Collapse of all boundaries and all discrimination. Mind shredded. Bone grinding against bone. Mind shearing. We are broken. Nothing coheres. Nothing is allowed to cohere. No separation, no sanctuary, no hiding place.

Pound?

I cannot make it cohere

[...]

it coheres all right
even if my notes do not cohere.