version

you know when corpsey called me a cunt for not being a proper lad on my blog. there's something innate in the english language to make you someone you're not. it's structures and syntax contain the ghost of some weird posho who got spanked at public school. it's a possessed language.

I've noticed this with the accent too. There's a stiffness to it.

luka

Pound?

I cannot make it cohere

[...]

it coheres all right
even if my notes do not cohere.

Not deliberately, although I guess the echo is there. Pound is, ostensibly, talking about his poem, I am, ostensibly, talking about psychosis.

sufi

lala
you know when corpsey called me a cunt for not being a proper lad on my blog. there's something innate in the english language to make you someone you're not. it's structures and syntax contain the ghost of some weird posho who got spanked at public school. it's a possessed language.
fucksake top post

catalog

Thing is the English language was very much formed, refined etc through the colonial experience. It sort of is hard wired. Genet has this good bit in this prisoner of love book where he's chatting to a Senegalese guy and the chap says to him, you should thank me, cos if it weren't for us, french people wouldn't be able to speak to each other ie the colonial project unified France cos you had Brittany people talking to Marseillaise for the first time or whatever

catalog

perhaps it would work better if you read it to me over skype. literally can't get past more than three lines before i roll my eyes

catalog

i did read one recently i liked, can't remember who it was by, it was a a group poetry reading.
maybe i'll suggest your poems to this group.
i've stopped going now tho

luka

Well let's not get distracted. This is a thread solely devoted to me and my wonderful poetry.

catalog

I'll try reading it again. I've also got vegetable empire somewhere in print. There was something in Ovid about vegetables yesterday, some god of the vegetables, I can't remember but can find it if you are interested