catalog

I've caught the odd line, very nice. Might have to read on a bigger screen. The type writer favours your style massively I would say. Quite a lot is lost on the screen. Like the faint/dark letters, the irregularities in the kerning and spacing, the line heights

catalog

That all adds to the words being thrown thing I was on about re 'on the scrapheap'. Ever tried writing any out longhand! Might be an interesting thing to try

luka

That all adds to the words being thrown thing I was on about re 'on the scrapheap'. Ever tried writing any out longhand! Might be an interesting thing to try

Yeah course. I used to do all my stuff longhand. Still do the odd bit here and there. Vegetable empire was written longhand. Every writing technology produces slightly different effects I think.

catalog

I feel immensely better from working in the garden these last few weeks. I'm sure that interior office culture kills people slowly. All the vitamins from the sun. Good stuff luke, will have a read at some point.

woops

is not like other people
you should start with the original heronbone really. that gives you the lie of the landscape.

woops

is not like other people
i should know cos i've read more of luka's writing than anyone including luka himself.

luka

I feel immensely better from working in the garden these last few weeks. I'm sure that interior office culture kills people slowly. All the vitamins from the sun. Good stuff luke, will have a read at some point.

I used to get colds and stuff all the time but they almost completely stopped once I started working outside

luka

Exercise is another miracle cure-all but I'm far worse at sticking to that. I've been doing ok over lockdown though. I make at least a token effort every single day

luka

I asked Edmund is he wanted a Edmunds wonderful poetry thread but he said no he doesn't give away art for free.

luka

Well I suppose you could see it as a way of devaluing what you do

More than one person has told me that. But nobody pays me any attention no matter what I do so it doesn't make any difference. It's not like I've got publishers beating down my door. At least like this someone might read a bit accidentally.

catalog

And selling stuff adds another dimension that can complicate matters. I have found that when what you like doing as art us too closely related to income, it can end up meaning you start not liking making art