The Mysterious and Magical World of Webeschatology

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
WebEschatology I'm guessing this is common knoedge at this point but did you know Steve Davis is a legit techno DJ along side the radio stuff nowadays?

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
One thing i did forget to bring up that i might aswell do now is that i know some of the Cardiacs lot good people its through them weirdly ive had alot of interactions with musicians who low key are fans of em or friends one of them being 6 time snooker legend Steve Davis who i have met in person is friends on facebook and with my man Kavus (lead guitarist for Knifeworld/Monsoon Basoon) for about a year or two had a radio show called The Interesting Alternative Show that played all manner of weird music on a monday evening thats how i came across that Oxbow track aswell as Tipographica,Tin Huey,Thinking Plague, the first Dollar Brand solo piano album (they had OG Chris Cutler special guest on one episode) and all sorts of stuff

I think you can find them on mixcloud but wanted to bring this up to add some context and also say yes you lot know somebody who has a direct connection to one of the people who was involved in making Snooker Loopy

ha ha ha. i remember that show, great vibes they played my mates noise techno project chrononautz and the cd had jam on it and steve davis had to wipe it off.

Steve has good taste you know.

luka

Steve Davis is a collector. First of all he was famous for his soul collection but my guess is he bought every soul record ever made and had to move on to fresh pastures.

forclosure

WebEschatology I'm guessing this is common knoedge at this point but did you know Steve Davis is a legit techno DJ along side the radio stuff nowadays?

yep and him Kavus and some guitarist whose name escapes me are putting out an album together this year,put out the first single a while back thats like 10 minutes long

all i can say is good for him i approve of making that kind of weird late in life career move

forclosure

got to meet Daevid Allen out of Gong once at a Guapo gig down Elephant & Castle before he died

couldnt believe how tall that breh was fuckin hell

luka

100% the vocals I don't understand. Mind you a lot of your pix I can't stomach the vocals. Wyatt, Pere Ubu, beefheart, loads of other ones too. this is a big dividing line between us! Silliness is something I struggle with in music.

forclosure

like i said blame Busta thats where it all stems from lol

i wouldve assumed Lungfish wouldve grabbed you cause theres a zonked out intensity with that one, Spacemen 3 but without all the heroin and 60s worship

Esther Phillips did a great version of From a whisper to a scream

see now i dont find Robert Wyatts singing silly at all its more affecting than silly, Kevin Ayers i could see that cause he was always a slacker hippie fuckin off to Morroco when he didnt want to make music (and boning John Cales wife)

Last edited:

luka

You know what I have strong reactions aesthetically to things and the word lungfish grossed me out I'm a very squeamish person so I tHink I probably didn't listen tO it let me check. Reminded me of the name hootie and the blowfish

luka

33) Lungfish - Vulgar Theories

Lungfish never made a wack album somehow pigoenholed alongside 90s emo bands like i dunno Pg. 99 but they honestly have more in common with 13th Floor Elevators or Current 93, they did so much with very little started kinda weird and some how got weirder

They were like Ka in a way very slow glacial pace in terms of how they evolved their sound but always done with razor precision to a point where they only sounded like them.

Im a big fan of rock songs with only one chord and this is no exception, you dont know what Daniel Higgs is singing but youre caught up in his trance

If "Kingly Character" felt like the sun gently rising up in the morning this is the sun hurtling down to crash into earth and all you can do is lie back and embrace nay submit yourself to the all encompasing oblivion

Ah I did actually listen to this is is another one where the vocal is a stumbling block for me.

forclosure

i have a feeling you might like Zomes which is the project the guitarist out of Lungfish does these days hypnotising keyboard/sometimes guitar stuff that on the first 2 albums he reccorded on cassette

these days he works with this Swedish woman who wordlessly moans over the music and it adds alot to the mix i feel

Higgs went in the more disjointed broken spiritualistic side where as Asa Obsorne went more into quietly refining things

luka

It's a very weird list webbies what can I say. Obviously some of it is like the sweetest crack cocaine to me, like I'll be good or birds in the sky, some of it was really interesting and mind expanding, and some of was like getting spattered with pus from someone else's zit. The whole gamut of responses! Anything but predictable.

forclosure

just letting you lot know that The Utopia Strong album from Michael J York and my guys Kavus Torabi and Steve Davis is out today

this album is actually piff