sufi

lala
Yeah course it does, but you dilute it to make a drink so it's probably a lot less sugary than Coke (or fruit juice, for that matter).
I have done this - it's absolutely lovely
I did rosehip syrup in the winter too, all ready for the pandemic

catalog

As it happens, I'm going on a walk today where I will see some elder flowers, so maybe I'll pick a few

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
super easy and nice,
unless they call the cops when you try and score that citric acid looking like a junkie
The irony is that I buy citric acid for two purposes. One is making elderflower cordial. The other is to slightly acidify the water when making poppy tea because this helps to extract the maximum amount of morphine.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yesterday we walked back to our car which we'd parked under some trees... when we got there I noticed that our car and every other one along the street had been decorated with purple blossom from the trees above.... quite lovely I thought.CarBlossom.jpg*.*

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I made the most recent batch of cordial with a mixture of the common pale yellow elderflowers and some flowers from one of those purplish elders you see occasionally (much more rarely than the yellowish ones, for some reason) and it came out this lovely magenta colour:

cordial.jpg

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
But another bee wasn't so lucky! Nature red in tooth and claw - you could hear the buzzing from the other end of our (admittedly not huge) garden.

bee_and_spider.jpg

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
Girlfriend is driving through the Spain on her way to France and she keeps telling me about all these birds they're seeing. Most notably they have seen so many red and black kites that they are bored of them and a much bigger(!) bird which they seem pretty sure can only be a Eurasian Black Vulture (or Cinereous Vulture) which much be quite a sight - I'm really jealous. Now they're resting up in the Pyrenees and they are watching a family of eagles (they think) - she's filmed it and is trying to send it to me but the wi-fi is patchy.... that's the problem with all this nature I guess.
I found a picture with a black vulture and black kite in it... it really must be quite a sight to see this enormous flying beast, I think amongt the biggest wingspans. apart from maybe albatross or condor. Though I think the ones in Europe are probably not as large as the ones in Asia.

BlackVultureBlackKite.jpg

Last edited:

version

I've noticed lots of birds fighting recently. I just went out for a walk and saw two separate instances of pigeons getting into it and there are some sparrows I keep seeing doing the same.

luka

a coot will hold another coot by the throat and drown it. no remorse. happy to do it.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
This was rather sad. A pair of wasps drowned in my beer my while shagging. Guess they died happy, at least? Amazing how much smaller the male is than the female. Like if Brienne of Tarth had hooked up with Tywin instead of Jaime.

20200711_153910.jpg