luka

I imagine other_lif inhabiting the ancient America depicted in films such as slacker and clerks. I can imagine her having a job in a blockbuster or a neighbourhood pizzeria.

Last edited:

luka

I don't think of her corner of America as being in 2019. I think of it as being in 1991. Some casual work. Nothing too taxing. Then when off duty, band practice in someone's moms garage, beer bongs, philosophising in a booth at Denny's. This is the glamorous and exotic life I like to picture her leading.

Last edited:

mvuent

Void Dweller
I don't think of his corner of America as being in 2019. I think of it as being in 1991. Some casual work. Nothing too taxing. Then when off duty, band practice in someone's moms garage, beer bongs, philosophising in a booth at Denny's. This is the glamorous and exotic life I like to picture him leading.

yes that's correct.

what did RA do? like specifically, not just how bad it is in general

luka

Just white middle class suburban attitudes expressed in a journal which is specifically designed by and for white middle class suburbanites.

other_life

bioconfused
my pro nouns r she/her please and thank u. they/them is also fine
it's eerie how time-warp this place is, i know it is bc i've lived elsewhere. but eerie in a comforting way.
i dont have a job and yes i take drugs tf u think 😏

luka

Here's the RA thing. I can't see the point in pretending to be offended. It's par for the course with these sorts of places. I mean, it's gross, but it's England. 99% of people are like this.

luka

my pro nouns r she/her please and thank u. they/them is also fine
it's eerie how time-warp this place is, i know it is bc i've lived elsewhere. but eerie in a comforting way.
i dont have a job and yes i take drugs tf u think 😏

Oops sorry didnt know. Many apologies will correct

mvuent

Void Dweller
Are you from there too?

yeah same state at least, and you're completely right. my dentist's office is decorated with wooden loon sculptures like somewhere in fargo. the place I worked last summer had a bunch of pinups of marilyn monroe, untouched since the 50s, on the wall. idk if that's normal elsewhere.

luka

yeah same state at least, and you're completely right. my dentist's office is decorated with wooden loon sculptures like somewhere in fargo. the place I worked last summer had a bunch of pinups of marilyn monroe, untouched since the 50s, on the wall. idk if that's normal elsewhere.

Sounds amazing.

luka

I mean none of these people were around for jungle in any case. Put it this way, I'm 39, and when jungle was around I was 13-14. I was listening to it religiously but I was far too young to be raving to it. And as for Club Rex, that opened a bit after jungle had given way to its gruesome undead successor, drum and bass. It could be a rough club. Gunshots went off in there. A bouncer got shot dead. People got robbed in and out. (White) lads I knocked about with at college used to loiter outside it to find people to have a fight with (as a recreational activity) but the writer of that article doesn't know about this stuff, just playing fast and loose with stereotypes

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
What I find somewhat baffling about your stance third is that you immerse yourself in white middle class milleus and then complain they are too white snd middle class. Like going to surrey and asking where all the black people are.

Wow call out much :)
:)

they are electronic music though. there's no way to avoid them, sadly. I don't see why i have to disown all my musical past just because these twats took it over. maybe i'm wrong, i dunno.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket

Here's the RA thing. I can't see the point in pretending to be offended. It's par for the course with these sorts of places. I mean, it's gross, but it's England. 99% of people are like this.

Yeah but these are the people which will call brown and black people racist for not adhering to their rigid definition of online leftist. What you say is true but they hold all monopoly, including the diversity one. there's the problem. here i agree with barty they should just stick to their tech house culture.

And yeah it's easy to say jungle is dead grime is dead etc but that still evades the question doesn't it. whether you think it is derivative or not there is still a breakbeat drum and bass scene going - you don't have to like it but this is what i mean by hardcore continuum being bad race dissertation in the 2010s. dance music journalists contribute to all UK dance music cultures being spiritually weak (from jungle to UK funky.) however house and techno will always remain strong and powerful, no matter how derivative it becomes.

And I suppose this is because it's easier to fetishise the outside blackness of America than deal with our own blackness. has most house and techno really done anything new since 1996? apart from weird underground pockets i would say no, not at all.

Last edited: