luka

I'm going to get off the bed, have a shower, get dressed, maybe have some breakfast and then take my bible to the park and read till I've put some daylight between me and Barty again. I don't like this. I've wasted the whole day talking to you dickheads. I could of been up the New Testament by now.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I guess what I like about your piss-taking is its affectionate.

It's not from the Gervais school of 'WHY'D YOU LET THE SNAKE IN THERE, THEN?'

sadmanbarty

speaking of which the bit where the daughter keeps getting her dad drunk so she can shag him is delicious. 'preserve her father's seed'.

i wish someone would dotingly preserve my seed.

craner

Beast of Burden
It's properly unfilmable, Genesis. Worse than Cannibal Holocaust and Black Emanuelle combined. It'd be banned outright everywhere.

sadmanbarty

I guess what I like about your piss-taking is its affectionate.

It's not from the Gervais school of 'WHY'D YOU LET THE SNAKE IN THERE, THEN?'

i'm a very religious person in my heart of hearts. i see the grandeur in life. relish in it. only religion and music can truly satisfy that.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Has anyone seen Noah?

I have a feeling it might be amazing because it seems like a ridiculous/insane idea to film it.

luka

I've seen it. Not as good as it sounds. It's alright. You can live without it though

IdleRich

IdleRich
Is that with Russell Crowe? I saw part of it, seemed ok. The definitive Bible movie is definitely Year One though.

sadmanbarty

siegel and shuster's greatest invention was not superman, but clark kent.

it was not superman's awesomeness that made him special, it was the fact that it's tethered to the mundane and everyday.

there's been loads and loads of stuff about people chatting by a well and how many shekkels everything costs and how much it all ways. it's all bogged down in the everyday. but that's maybe why it's remarkable. if it was all just floods and angels nobody would give a shit. it needs this stuff to become pertinent.

sadmanbarty

repetition is central to the bibles rhetorical style. mantra like. rituals rely on repetition. dance music. it's very much evoking appealing to that cognitive space.