Hip Hop/Electro with the "sickest, most insane sonics"

DannyL

Wild Horses
The drums on those are a bit big beaty for me.

Everytime this thread pops up I think it'll deliver something unimaginably good that Iv'e never heard of. It hasn't delivered so far (got close at moments)

It's a bit like my expectations/the music that lurks vaguely in my imagings can't just come down to Earth.

Last edited:

DannyL

Wild Horses
I'm imagining something like "PSK" crossed with King Tubby and the spirit of the Jazzy J Death Mixes, with Rammellzee and early Spoonie Gee on the mic.

Last edited:

DannyL

Wild Horses
Not to say there haven't been so amazing records listed, I'd just heard most of 'em. I should go back to Third's Top 100 maybe

mvuent

Void Dweller
The drums on those are a bit big beaty for me.

Everytime this thread pops up I think it'll deliver something unimaginably good that Iv'e never heard of. It hasn't delivered so far (got close at moments)

It's a bit like my expectations/the music that lurks vaguely in my imagings can't just come down to Earth.

what comes the closest? ITT or not

DannyL

Wild Horses
I think a lot of the early electro dubs are fucking incredible for the time, would love to know more about what was going through the producers mind.

mvuent

Void Dweller
I'm imagining something like "PSK" crossed with King Tubby and the spirit of the Jazzy J Death Mixes, with Rammellzee and early Spoonie Gee on the mic.

I think a lot of the early electro dubs are fucking incredible for the time, would love to know more about what was going through the producers mind.

hadn't really thought about the connection with dub, interesting. are there any good examples that haven't been posted yet?

mvuent

Void Dweller
Hideous kitsch.

Difficult to imagine anything worse

lol that's what I was afraid you'd say. I guess the album title "I sing the body electro" is a giveaway that the music is going to be naff as you brits say. I honestly like it a lot though. he has such a good grasp of cartoon physics that he can make unfashionable music sound really good, at least some of the time.

Last edited:

DannyL

Wild Horses
You know this one Muvent? Tears for Fears was something I heard a few times in mixes. Love the idea that 80s rap producers picked up on it. Sure there's a dub on the12" but can't find it online