Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
One of my mates still has drawings like this that he did in primary school, he drew this huge battle scene of hundreds of Bart Simpsons killing each other, storming the beaches at Normandy, parachuting in and so on. He also spent months painstakingly crafting a model of a house then filled it with fireworks and blew it to pieces.

I'd have anticipated two possible futures for someone like this: Turner Prize, or multiple life sentences.

forclosure

Gotta be honest despite all the horrors of AIs and shootings ive always considered T1 a love story at its core

thats how my mums always looked at it and somebody else on a podcast i listen to said their mother said the same thing

mums love Terminator it seems

forclosure

Maybe me and my friends weren't the norm for young blokes, we were nerds so - grand theft auto, postal, drawing guns, guns, guns. Anything that didn't involve real violence, which terrified us and was dispensed by scary boys with undercuts and bomber jackets.

Anyhoo, what might be interesting is considering other horror movies which have changed in resonance over the years. Like terminator is now clearly about gun control and dehumanisation.

finding out that you was into Postal makes sense cause i remember playing the demo for Postal 2 wow is that a game a 2000s artifact

forclosure

i know this is a late response but mate thats just Robocop or shit from what ive heard for ages about Mr Freedom

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
Not about roboticisation, but dehumanisation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-48907866

A former Congolese rebel leader has been found guilty of war crimes and crimes against humanity.

Fighters loyal to Bosco Ntaganda disembowelled babies and smashed their heads in, said judges at the International Criminal Court (ICC).

In all, Ntaganda, nicknamed "Terminator", was convicted on 18 counts, including murder, rape, sexual slavery and using child soldiers.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-05 um 12.56.45 copy.jpg

acab

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
For our generation this 80s sci fi is just part of our mental landscape, what we think looks cool, futuristic, badass.

I mean terminator, predator, blade runner, RoboCop. That's what the future is to us. (I'm being presumptuous.)

I wonder if it has any resonance with da kidz nowadays at all

craner

Beast of Burden
For our generation this 80s sci fi is just part of our mental landscape, what we think looks cool, futuristic, badass.

I mean terminator, predator, blade runner, RoboCop. That's what the future is to us. (I'm being presumptuous.)

I wonder if it has any resonance with da kidz nowadays at all

Video shops, lurid sex and ultra-violence.

version

There's a good interview with Cameron where he talks about one of the central pillars of T2 being that Sarah becomes more machine as the terminator becomes more human. By the time she's all kitted out in black, armed to the teeth and launching an assault on the Dyson household she's acting exactly as the first terminator did when it came after her.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I had a horribly dispiriting experience watching Avengers Endgame last night (for context, I love the Marvel movies, or thought I did) and realising it's such a load of old bollocks, pretending to be significant. That's the worst crime. The Viking God has PTSD. The super assassin is in stage 3 of grieving. Etc.

And it's all this postmodern American sitcom snark.

Anyway, hoping it was cos I was in a bad mood, and not stoned. The bit I really DID like was with Thor boozing and playing Fortnite, cos it was really embracing how silly it was at that point. Thor is my fave.