Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
At this point I think the big studios might as well just say "Aww fuck it" and make Alien vs Predator vs Terminator vs RoboCop vs Judge Dredd vs Superman vs Batman vs Santa.

craner

Beast of Burden
It’s doing the same retooled, self-reflexive nostalgia trick as the empty Star Wars films and that pompous Blade Runner dreck, but with absolutely zero effort. I keep hearing Sarah Connor saying “I’ll be back” on provincial radio adverts. It’s pathetic. An idea thrown in at the end of a three hour meeting. That’ll do.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It’s doing the same retooled, self-reflexive nostalgia trick as the empty Star Wars films and that pompous Blade Runner dreck, but with absolutely zero effort. I keep hearing Sarah Connor saying “I’ll be back” on provincial radio adverts. It’s pathetic. An idea thrown in at the end of a three hour meeting. That’ll do.

"'Partridge Amongst The Pigeons'... no wait - monkey tennis!"

catalog

In the xenogothic podcast I was just listening to (so this is the guy who has written the bio/diary/memoir on k punk) he says that we need to be vigilant about stuff like this eg when they retool blade runner but it comes back with more bombast but less ambiguity, what does that mean for popular culture. What questions are we avoiding by having this as a film etc. He says k punk would've been all over an abomination like that

IdleRich

IdleRich
Already seeing people get excited about the new Dune from Villeneuve... I find that a struggle but... yeah I will watch it I'm sure.

IdleRich

IdleRich
After the first Blade Runner people were talking for the next 25 years or whatever about one thing; is Deckard a replicant? It seems like this implies he is... and yet in the book it says... but on the other hand if you look at the director's cut it implies... though now I come to think of it the cut with narration seems to suggest... and so on and so forth. It was the one burning issue that could never be resolved (cue someone now telling me that actually it's obvious he's definitely a replicant) and would keep people debating and so on into perpetuity.
And then they make the new film and it's like "Yeah he's a replicant".