Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Nina Power wrote a long blog post once about how, given the choice, a man will always choose to have sex with a robot and a woman will always choose to have sex with a chimpanzee.
Because they would be more comfortable objectifying these things sexually? As in, raping a robot isn’t really rape?

“Robot” etymologically means slave, which is interesting here.

luka

'yes, i am willing to pay extra for the model with bruise-contusion effect skin, yes, it's quite important to me, thank you'

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
What about the hologram lover in Bladrunner 2049? That would seem more feasible, albeit only if interest to those seeking companionship in the abstract rather than in the physical.

luka

What about the hologram lover in Bladrunner 2049? That would seem more feasible, albeit only if interest to those seeking companionship in the abstract rather than in the physical.
yeah i think thats more or less inevitable sooner or later

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I might go the route of that other character in the original bladerunner story, who lived with a couple experimental synthetics, don't know his name. But ultimately I think I'd just prefer to have natural humans around.

luka

they're not always easy to find though. you cant just buy them and install them in your house