Communist music reviews

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I'd say that being a partisan of electronic music I tend to gravitate to listening to how those machines are made rather than those machines as a replication of existing material instruments.

sadmanbarty

I wouldn't say there is a proletarian or bourgeois music because as Luke said the classes are always so intermingled in capitalist society anyway. But I would say that dichotomy is one aspect of it, though not the sole aspect. a lot of left wing folk is overtly human.

How about a proletariat and bourgeois tendency then?

In terms of “corpses has bourgeois taste”? How is that mapped in his aesthetic tendencies

luka

Don't get prickly! Sorry it made me crack up, picturing you there listening to everything third just said and then going "so you're saying proletariat... Sounds noisy... Like a factory" and then looking befuddled!

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
How about a proletariat and bourgeois tendency then?

In terms of “corpses has bourgeois taste”? How is that mapped in his aesthetic tendencies

escapism. but not the escapism of the invisible man. the escapism that says it, i don't know and i don't want to know. whereas our escapism is fuse bblowing out.

Last edited:

sadmanbarty

escapism. but not the escapism of the invisible man. the escapism that says it, i don't know and i don't want to know. whereas our escapism is fuse bblowing out.

So for example pop would be an emotional escapism; it speaks to an emotional palette that doesn’t exist?

Cleanliness in something like afrobeats? Calmness?

Music that reflects states different to any realistic perception of reality?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
So for example pop would be an emotional escapism; it speaks to an emotional palette that doesn’t exist?

Cleanliness in something like afrobeats? Calmness?

Music that reflects states different to any realistic perception of reality?

I'd say so for me. this doesn't mean that individual tracks or groups within the pop ecosystem can't reflect a shiney pristine clean aesthetic, but as a genre i think that is the case indeed.

luka

I'd rather if we can make our arguments with words as far as possible though, it's much quicker innit

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
splitting sounds from their source and remodeling them.

90s nyc hip hop did not do this. to the extent of jungle from 93-95.

luka

I'm fucking dying with laughter! I've got this disgusting wheezing old man laugh from smoking so much recently sweaty old horrible man cackling