Communist music reviews

sadmanbarty

The first bit sounds cool, like an action film. But then I don't follow it. Organised as an immediate force of kinetic violence. What is that? What is a social fact? What does coagulate mean?

kinetic violence in this context i assume is the police and the army

a social fact is like a social construct. people behaving a certain way because society tells them to

coagulate in this context would be the proletariat acting as one. politically and economically organised and not infighting.

luka

Not happy with this. You've just glossed it into what you assume he must mean according to some Marxism for dummies comic book you've read

sadmanbarty

as i've said before i believe intellectualism largely to be a facade. i believe that philosophy and economics and whatever else aren't nearly as complicated as the language they're communicated in would suggest. the ideas conveyed by kant or witgenstein or whatever are far simpler than people believe them to be.

so i'm not being a cunt to third or being condescending to third when i talk about his ideas in simple terms. i'd do the same to anyone. i believe intellectual language is superfluous and obscures ideas.

sadmanbarty

That's always been my assumption but I worry it is an excuse for laziness

you read all clever books. i read them when i was younger and read all politics and economics stuff now. i wouldn't worry about that luke. i don't want you underestimating your own intelligence is all.

sadmanbarty

i'd even argue it's the people who write in convoluted ways are the ones who are actually compensating for intellectual laziness or deficiency

luka

I'm not. I just want to know what our communist friends are thinking, how they're seeing stuff, what's it all about? Being a communist? I'm a communist? And that means I like this particular song as opposed to this other one?

sadmanbarty

I'm not. I just want to know what our communist friends are thinking, how they're seeing stuff, what's it all about? Being a communist? I'm a communist? And that means I like this particular song as opposed to this other one?

so do i, as you can see from me and third's chat earlier in this thread.

that's why i made that factory comment, to steer the conversation away from a broader political one and to actually pinpoint what in tangibly means in music

sadmanbarty

i wasn't trying to be a cunt or be obstructive or impose my own ideas about things. i was just trying to break it down into bitesize pieces step by step.

luka

i wasn't trying to be a cunt or be obstructive or impose my own ideas about things. i was just trying to break it down into bitesize pieces step by step.

I should t have teased you about it but if you could have seen what I saw in my mind as it was conjured up you would have laughed too I promise you

sadmanbarty

i don't mind the teasing. i was worried afterwards though, i thought you were genuinely annoyed with me. i was worried you thought i was sabotaging the thread

sadmanbarty

i think i'm being a gayer tonight. nobody's fault. i'll listen to some dancehall and man myself up a bit. get myself in the mood to do a hate crime