Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Death begins at 40

Quote Originally Posted by IdleRich View Post
    Bowl trouble is the most middle-aged thing I've heard of, I knew we were indisputably at that point when we left Ikea the other day and my girlfriend said "I'm really excited about our new saucepans". I guess the twinge it caused in me when I heard that was the last spasm of some long dead nerve.
    I honestly misread that as "bowel trouble" to begin with, which made the rest of the post interesting.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to craner For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by yyaldrin View Post
    don't underestimate winter though. it makes everybody feel horrible and some are especially susceptible to it. in summer you'll be drinking pints with ben ufo again and feeling like a bossman.
    shorter hours of sunlight have an affect on me. harder to get up in the morning when it's still dark outside, and feel less inclined to go out and socialize when it's cold and dark again at 5:00 pm.

christ, had to run three-and-a-half blocks to catch a train yesterday and honestly thought I was going to die. my legs actually hurt, was limping a bit afterwards, muscles still slightly sore this morning. I often walk 5-6 miles on a Saturday or Sunday, so not a total blob but a three-minute jog to the station felt lethal. then again, I am a old bastard.

I honestly misread that as "bowel trouble" to begin with, which made the rest of the post interesting.
    I'm pretty sure that the person I was quoting meant to say bowel trouble. It's a classic mistake... my favourite was the advert for an all-comers "Open bowels tournament".