Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I'm not into this. What age does it stop being possible to have sex? 43? 44?

CVcYtFJ.gif

There is a lot of rampaging Leos on this forum.

jenks

thread death
i turned 52 a couple of weeks ago - i'm lighter and fitter than i have been since my teens, I have a magnificent beard, two boys who rip the piss out of me and I'm still married. All of these things amaze me. I have just managed to come back from a depressive episode which seemed to last years and I think now my thoughts about age have changed, I'm not bothered now - I'm certainly not worried about people think of me like i used to and i really don't give a shit if someone doesn't like the music i like or the books i read.

Leo

yup, that's it in a nutshell, jenks. totally don't give a shit about certain things that used to concern me, be it peer pressure, family issues, professional issues or society's general expectations. fuck 'em!

...and yes, happy birthday, Luka!

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
i turned 52 a couple of weeks ago - i'm lighter and fitter than i have been since my teens, I have a magnificent beard, two boys who rip the piss out of me and I'm still married. All of these things amaze me. I have just managed to come back from a depressive episode which seemed to last years and I think now my thoughts about age have changed, I'm not bothered now - I'm certainly not worried about people think of me like i used to and i really don't give a shit if someone doesn't like the music i like or the books i read.

inspirational stuff, Jenks

IdleRich

IdleRich
I liked the "magnificent beard" bit.
In general that's kinda the dream isn't it? The ability to leave behind the pettiness and the foolishness of youth and hopefully retain the physical prowess to enjoy the hard won contentment. I wonder how many people do achieve it.

Last edited:

Leo

I woke up this morning with a sore knee, so it's actually now all starting to turn to shit.

jenks

thread death
I'm going to achieve it. Depending on the outcome of my blood tests.

I failed the blood tests despite being fit and healthy. Gave myself a kick up the arse after I spoke to a mate who survived a cardiac arrest (helicopter airlift, ice bath and 24 hrs to live scenario)

You’ve got to just get on with it and if the pills mean I get to be around longer then I’ll have to take them as much as I might want to resent them.