Online Alternatives

version

Do you make a conscious effort to avoid using Google, Amazon and the rest or just accept that they're the dominant force at this point and go for convenience?

version

It is. I just buy everything from Amazon. I don't trust anyone else. If it isn't on Amazon then I'm not supposed to have it.

firefinga

Well, I am still using Firefox. Have been using Linux for a while, but got myself a new Laptop one year or so back and it came with Win10. Am not bothered with changing that.

I dropped Apple products a couple years ago. IMO, Apple today (or since a few years, basically when they declared the I-Phone to be their Alpha + Omega) Apple is a shittier company than Microsoft ever was (regarding "ethics" - of course, it's capitalism where the only profit counts). It's just I don't wanna be ripped off in the end.

I rarely buy books or recorded media anyways much these days, however I (partly) substitute amazon with ebay. I search a certain product on amazon, do the same on ebay and simply buy the cheaper offer. Often, it's being offered even by the same shop (however a bit cheaper on ebay).

version

Have been using Linux for a while, but got myself a new Laptop one year or so back and it came with Win10. Am not bothered with changing that.

Which Linux distribution are you using? I was thinking of making the switch from Windows as they're dropping support for Windows 7 soon and I'm not keen on the direction Microsoft are heading in.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
I've got sp1 and that's it. No antivirus installed ever. Just keep backup images of your c drive once a month or whatever if you're really worried. I don't even do that anymore