The Surface

version

Chrome. Digital Water. Grey. Blues. Ice. Flatness. Stealth. Glass. Crystal. Smoke. Liquid. Mirrors. Wreckage.

jam city .jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sus

Leo

The IKEA aesthetic. The Apple aesthetic. The Nike aesthetic.

these three are all quite different from each other, though. Ikea and apple may share a devotion to simplicity and clean lines, but that's about it. Nike doesn't really seem to sync with either.

version

these three are all quite different from each other, though. Ikea and apple may share a devotion to simplicity and clean lines, but that's about it. Nike doesn't really seem to sync with either.

To me they're all very much part of this clean, minimalist aesthetic which fits with the digital. They're just coming at it from different angles.

version

Nike is probably the one closest to everything else I'm talking about though so maybe I should trim the fat and pull the other two.

version

“Trying to exhaust himself, Vaughan devised an endless almanac of terrifying wounds and insane collisions: The lungs of elderly men punctured by door-handles; the chests of young women impaled on steering-columns; the cheek of handsome youths torn on the chromium latches of quarter-lights. To Vaughan, these wounds formed the key to a new sexuality, born from a perverse technology. The images of these wounds hung in the gallery of his mind, like exhibits in the museum of a slaughterhouse.”

BfGw7Ym.jpg

Last edited:

version

There are a couple of lines in Glamorama which are repeated over and over.

"The better you look, the more you see."

and

"We'll slide down the surface of things..."

Last edited:

version

This probably looks like a mess at the moment, and might remain a mess, but they're all very much connected in my head. I'm just not sure how to articulate how and why yet.

luka

This is certainly a theme that keeps coming up. The end of the interior space, the private sanctum, the subject. The screen. The flattening of affect. (The American teenagers who laughed and taunted a drowning disabled child while filming the whole thing. Logan Paul in suicide forest.) the smooth replacing the textured. Towers of blue glass. Synth tones. Etc etc.

Reactions: sus