version

I've a feeling this is going to be another Fight Club in the sense that luka was talking about in the Ghostbusters vs. The Matrix thread.

You almost can't overstate the influence these films have on the popular psyche. The difference here being that fight club is much more concerned with the disenfranchisement of white men. It plays into much more sinister and regressive narratives than the matrix does.

luka

Did you notice on corpses mcgregor rape link he posted a Heath ledger joker quote the day after the rape was supposed to have happened? It's a vector of evil. There's something wrong there

version

It looks like they've lifted a lot from The King of Comedy for this one. They've even got De Niro.

luka

One of my old proper sick schizo mates always used to post why so serious shit on Facebook

luka

When we talked about fight club I was thinking what else is on that level of mind penetration and you're absolutely right it's ledgers joker. What film is it from please?

version

When we talked about fight club I was thinking what else is on that level of mind penetration and you're absolutely right it's ledgers joker. What film is it from please?

Ledger's Joker's from The Dark Knight but this is a new film about The Joker exclusively with Joaquin Phoenix in the lead. No Batman.

version

Some of the reviews are already sounding uneasy despite most of them saying it's a good film:

A part of me found Todd Phillips’s radical rethinking of the Batman villain Joker thrillingly uncompromising and hair-raisingly timely. Another thinks it should be locked in a strongbox then dropped in the ocean and never released.

Make no mistake, this is a film that is going to stir up trouble – in the consciences of everyone who watches it, and almost certainly in the outside world as well.

version

He’s just improvising, going with the flow of his madness. And when he gets his fluky big shot to go on TV, we think we know what’s going to happen (that he’s destined to be humiliated), but what we see, instead, is a monster reborn with a smile. And lo and behold, we’re on his side. Because the movie does something that flirts with danger — it gives evil a clown-mask makeover, turning it into the sickest possible form of cool.

luka

I genuinely consider the joker archetype in its modern incarnation disturbing, a vector of evil as I say

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
haven't checked the previous links yet but it reminds me of "clown world"

The phrase “clown world” and accompanying emojis unify far-right social media users in their exasperation over an imagined state of collapse in the Western hemisphere that they largely blame on immigrants and minority groups. The force driving “Honkler” across the far-right is the same bleak worldview that led white nationalists to embrace Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang. In their minds, if there is nothing that they can do to stop the supposed “great replacement” of white people in their “homelands” and no politicians who care enough about their cause to implement real policies that favor their agenda, they may as well accept the outcome and wrench whatever they can out of the system, like Yang’s promise of $1,000 per month universal basic income. This mentality is often referred to as “black pilling.”
https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post...ns-as-their-next-racist-symbol-yes-seriously/