sadmanbarty

leo professes to have been the doorman at studio 54 for a couple of years. white suit, fake gold watch and all that. says he once sold coke to georgio moroder.

sadmanbarty

leo really is like forest gump. not in the disabled sense, but in the way that he was there at all these pivotal historical moments.

he was at the ramones first concert, he lent larry levan $50 to buy records in the early days of paradise garage. he's led an amazing life.

sadmanbarty

he once talked about some latin princess he wooed in the 80's but when i asked him about it he went all wistful and coy.

version

When I picture Dissensus and dancing, I picture something like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest: Leo's pirouetting and doing the splits on his rollerskates, Corpsey's in a vest and reaching for the lasers, luka's breaking, spinning on his head, flipping all over the place, Tea's in the corner doing the robot, Craner's ballroom dancing with himself and the whole thing's accompanied by a Barty drum solo.

sadmanbarty

luke dances like a windrush-generation jamaican bloke with cataracts and a white beard. aching, arthritic joints only allowing him a few sparing moments to pull a few brittle, silhouetted shapes while huskily cackling before returning to the plastic white seat in between the sound system speaker and barbecue grill.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i once took a train to a town where they supposedly invented tequila. they gave away unlimited free tequila during the train ride and during the tour they gave at the tequila factory. slimy, gooey plant stuff put in ovens. a mariachi band sang for us. as a surprise they organized a dancing contest and because i was a bit drunk i had my friends persuade me. before starting we had to introduce ourself over the microphone and the guy asked me where i was from. i said holland and then a crowd of 150/200 mexicans sang that i was a son of a whore because holland had beat mexico the day before with a disputable penalty. anyway, even under these harsh conditions i managed to end up with the last 5 or so people dancing.

sadmanbarty

i'd like to think i dance like timberlake in the video to 'rock your body', but worry it's more like a bloated, balding, overly perspiring turkish uncle under strip lighting in the echoey school PE hall rented for the evening.