luka

Why English pop attained such a degree of perfection in 2014 remains a mystery. (It's too do with the energy of the underground being captured by the mainstream. The Pirates being co-opted by rinse, one extra etc. A corporate version, very polished and seductive.)

luka

The videos are always very light entertainment, BBC family comedy, Butlins Redcoats.

luka

For People who work a 9-5 and make enough money to get away every summer. Doing alright. Works a drag but what can you do. Vocalists are always very stage school too (look at the way she dances) which contributes to the Butlins energy. Cruise ship entertainer. Is everybody having a good time? Oh come you can do better than that, I said is everybody having a good time? There we go, that's better....

Last edited:

luka

The expansion in university provision is part of the 2010s story too. Me and Barty have talked about this before.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
2010s = whiteboy fades, skinny jeans, no socks, nike air max

Like luka, I felt envious of the kids in the 2010s, despite their socialmedia-engineered depressive disorders.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
This is the one from that whole era/scene/thing that my pals and I listen to the most when drunk and hoovering lines

This one is maybe the BEST one, chimed in perfectly with deep tech too

luka

Like rinse FM pop this felt like it flowered and died over the course of a single summer

luka

Barty Hates pop but he also hates r&b so he needs us to fill in the other half of the story