sadmanbarty

We've done a thread that's more of a meta-commentary of Autecher's socio-political positioning, so this one's more of a close listening of their best track.

You don't have to like it, but you're not allowed to be nasty about them on this thread.

sadmanbarty

egon schiele brittle geometry. riga mortis. encased in coagulating adhesive. the flailing limbs of a trapped insect.

sadmanbarty

burial had a skeleton fetish too i think.

it's something about these bedroom musicians that are drawn to it. it's anti-sensuality.

anti-body. the music's not curvaceous (hence egon schiele). it's not juicy. it's cold, unlike warm bodies. it's not texturally soft like skin. it's music absent of body signifiers.

luka

Imagine if we start liking these Barty? What a humiliation. Genuinely end up as superfans.

luka

Listen to so much of it in aid of rubbishing it we just start being bang into it. Buy a black north face anorak. Loving it.

sadmanbarty

Imagine if we start liking these Barty? What a humiliation. Genuinely end up as superfans.

even on the thread when i was shitting on them i hailed them as prophets of the modern alt-right wank pit world. i've started about 9 threads inspired by them.

i think i'm going to throw away all my mavado records. listen to autechre live sets recorded in melbourne instead. i've seen the future.

version

egon schiele brittle geometry. riga mortis. encased in coagulating adhesive. the flailing limbs of a trapped insect.

“Squatting on old bones and excrement and rusty iron, in a white blaze of heat, a panorama of naked idiots stretches to the horizon. Complete silence - their speech centres are destroyed - except for the crackle of sparks and the popping of singed flesh as they apply electrodes up and down the spine. White smoke of burning flesh hangs in the motionless air. A group of children have tied an idiot to a post with barbed wire and built a fire between his legs and stand watching with bestial curiosity as the flames lick his thighs. His flesh jerks in the fire with insect agony.”

version

Listen to so much of it in aid of rubbishing it we just start being bang into it. Buy a black north face anorak. Loving it.

Like that Neo-nazi bloke who read the Koran to better understand his enemy and accidentally converted himself.

blissblogger

it's like their archetypal anti-groove

impressive as a feat of execution, imposing as a sound structure - but i'll never listen to it again.

mvuent

Void Dweller

it's something about these bedroom musicians that are drawn to it. it's anti-sensuality.

anti-body. the music's not curvaceous (hence egon schiele). it's not juicy. it's cold, unlike warm bodies. it's not texturally soft like skin. it's music absent of body signifiers.

alright might as well repost the deleted post that this ^ was in response to:

-----

imo you were completely on the mark with this description:

a tired, old body. brittle boned with aching knees. skin splodgey and inelastic. alone in the darkness.

they've described this album on similar terms:

draft feels skeletal to me, kind of hollow but deep as well

like a ruined city in the distant future

also think this description of a completely different album is relevant to this album and, uh, "tune"

They are organisms that rely on supporting skeletons that are falling apart as they move.

Last edited:

mvuent

Void Dweller

I guess that's where you lose me just a bit. a lot of proper dance music could be described as skeletal surely?

mvuent

Void Dweller
right, so that would make our opinions on jungle or drill or whatever completely unreliable right?

Last edited: