Leo

I enjoy many threads on dissensus but honestly think I look forward to new posts on DOTD more than any other, how crazy is that?

good one, luka!

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yeah, stews or anything with stuff steeped in tasty liquid tends to improve with time I think.

Curry things always taste better the day after. Other things too sometimes. Maybe flavours mellow and meld more I dunno

absolutely, soups and stews or any sauces are always better the next day. I guess it gives time for the flavors to meld and get richer.
At last something dissensus can agree on.

Last edited:

luka

I enjoy many threads on dissensus but honestly think I look forward to new posts on DOTD more than any other, how crazy is that?

good one, luka!

I'm very troubled by the drop out rate. It means I can't share your enjoyment. Where is corpsey? Where is version? Where have all our friends gone?

luka

In my drinking days me and my mate fat will sausage fingers loved to get pissed up and go pizza express. Sometimes we would go twice in one night. I did a shit in the toilet at the one near British museum and tweeted it to them repeatedly. Look at this shit I just done in your toilet. Tagged it pizza express. Kept posting it. Was hilarious for me at the time.

luka

I'm very troubled by the drop out rate. It means I can't share your enjoyment. Where is corpsey? Where is version? Where have all our friends gone?

Having said that I applaud our hardcore, Leo, tea, rich, yyyaldrin, but those of,you who only post when you've cooked something fancy, not Impressed

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
is that your mate jim?

i just went to the community restaurant. they had potatoes, eggplant, carrots, rice and salad.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Sounds very wholesome. (edit: yy's stew, not sausage-fingers)

I've just baked some bread and am about to make carrot and coriander soup, but might reserve that for tomorrow and have more pasta bake this evening. Lady and baby should allowed to come home in the next few hours, inshallah.

luka

I might make a stew tonight. I did buy some pearl barley yesterday. The Cowboys in my game eat stew a lot and I'm very impressionable.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i do eat a lot of raw carrots by the way. of all the vegetables i think they are the best to be eaten raw. make a really good sound when you bite on them and i think it's good for your teeth as well.

Last edited:

luka

You can make more elaborate version of that basic salad but I think I am always happiest with plain vinegar no salt or oil even. I had it a lot as a child so I think that's why.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i do eat a lot of raw carrots by the way. off all the vegetables i think they are the best to be eaten raw. make a really good sound when you bite on them and i think it's good for your teeth as well.

Do you ever eat the outer layers first so as to be left with the sweeter, juicier inner cortex, and then eat that?

IdleRich

IdleRich
I like raw carrots too - good sliced into bits as a more healthy alternative to crisps to dip in humus or sour cream or whatever.
Also girlfriend makes a very nice grated carrot salad thing with... I dunno, sweet stuff, maybe honey or something. Better than it sounds.
Tonight I'm thinking of making a prawn chowder to compare and contrast with the prawn bisque we made the other day - does anyone have an opinion on whether bisque or chowder is better as a rule?