Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Had those in Arras once [EDIT: andouillettes, not battered barking spiders] - not in a hurry to try them again. I don't remember the taste of shit so much as the texture, which was kind of like chewy macaroni packed densely into a sausage skin. They use small intestine, there, I think.

On more appetising matters, last night's dinner was chicken gyros from a food van outside a local bar, because we were doing laundry and it's helpfully round the corner from the laundrette.

IdleRich

IdleRich
What is the difference between a gyro and a kebab? Is it just the Greek name for it?

Last edited:

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Yeah, it's basically the Greek version of doner or shawarma. I mean there's doubtless a local style of seasoning and preparation and so on but it's the same basic idea.

IdleRich

IdleRich
OK, I first read that name in a book but I thought it was something spinning or something. Then actually ate them in NY and Dusseldorf and I think it actually is pronounced with a hard G right? Don't think I've ever seen 'em in the UK though.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Ha seriously? I thought that was obviously one of Ikea's 50c hotdogs. Surprisingly tasty and basically the only high point of another depressing visit to the place, fuck I hate going there.

Leo

I didn't actually think you were in Coney Island.

Haven't been to an Ikea in ages, do they still serve Swedish meatballs? And the buns that fill the checkout lines with the smell of cinnamon?

IdleRich

IdleRich
The one in Loures does yeah. I have been to that hotdog place in Coney Island actually, the famous one, what's it called?

luka

Stew with potatoes pearl barley borlotti beans cavalo nero peppers onion carrot garlic tomato bit of marmite, why not, stick it in there.

Green beans in a vinegarette on the side

luka

Yesterday I bought this massive pizza for 2£ in tesco and ate it all then felt a bit sick. Not from the cheese it had fuck all cheese on it just from it being cheap and shit.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
IKEA do these snacking sausages made from a blend of pork and elk. Fancy that - elk sausages! Like something a Viking would eat. Brilliant.

IdleRich

IdleRich
We just played in the electronic music 5-a-side tournament, turns out one of our players just opened a taco restaurant and graffiti shop... he's taking us there for dinner. Looks promising.

20191127_202007.jpg

IdleRich

IdleRich
What does a half kilo of graffiti set you back these days?
Fuck knows, it's got some edgy name like Crack Kids or something so maybe that's a clue... I shouldn't take the piss though cos he just gave ten of us a million courses and cocktails whatever totally on the house.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Sounds pretty good but does it sell the spray paints and stuff like that or is it graf-themed art and books or what?