IdleRich

IdleRich
Well I remembered that there is a Thai prawn and mushroom soup (I think) so I just boiled some mushies, tomatoes, onion and wine with some brown sugar to sweeten in the prawn stock. Dunno if it's a real dish but it's fucking good actually.

MushPrawnSoupCooking.jpg

MushPrawnSoupServed.jpg

luka

lockdown has taught me the secret of food. the idea is to eat the same thing every single day. brown rice and vegetables. working this out has been the biggest blessing of lockdown.

IdleRich

IdleRich
It would be something if you still posted every day, the same thing. With a photo. Like those Islamic painters that painted exactly the same horse or whatever in every picture... each striving to be the ultimate platonic horse. But never quite reaching it to their expert eye.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
pppp
lockdown has taught me the secret of food. the idea is to eat the same thing every single day. brown rice and vegetables. working this out has been the biggest blessing of lockdown.
You've got to be kidding, that sounds like a recipe for depression, or at least anorexia. I mean I know you're a self-identified puritan but that just sounds miserable.

luka

its really not. obviously i dont have it totally plain. but you come to realise the joy is in eating vegetables and not some flavour slop

luka

so say you have as i usually do brown rice and then you boil sweet potato, broccoli, onion, pepper, peas, carrot and you add fresh chilli and you pour some sesame oil on top and some soy sauce and maybe some tahini and some seaweed and some sesame seeds. i promise you it will be a sexier meal than you will beleive possible. i garuntee it.

version

The other day I had a multivitamin, a vitamin d tablet, two apples and a tin of a tuna all day and couldn't work out whether I felt well or unwell as a result.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Portugal makes England look like, I dunno, a land of vegetable freaks. One time we went to a friend's birthday in a restaurant and Liza whispered to me "I bet it's another one of those ones where the dishes come with no vegetables at all" and - with perfect timing - one guy's food arrived, some huge plate of meat and chips and rice and eggs or suchlike, and on top there was this absolutely minuscule bit of lettuce or something that was kinda like a gesture towards the idea of a garnish.... and he looked at it all confused and said "What's this green thing?" and he threw it on the floor.