catalog

We are cooking a lobber today. Here's the before. Still twitching

8aPA6FT.jpg

catalog

I haven't found that bit yet, but I touched one of the antenna and it curled away. It's very alien. A lot of sub sections

Leo

tasty, but the cruelest form of home cooking: dropping a live creature into boiling water and watching it die. at least meat from the market is from animals who are slaughtered out of sight, not that that makes it any less inhuman.

I still eat meat, so as guilty as anyone.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Carrot, parsnip and leek soup. Roasted, seasoned, whizzed up in the blender, into the woktish with chicken stock, cumin, coriander, turmeric and fenugreek. Still going to find at least one piece of Lego in there.

Leo

sounds like a creamy soup, is it? love creamy soups, especially cold creamy soups in summer with a piece of peasant bread.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Oh I love peasant bread! In fact I once sent the cook on a trip to the Dordogne to source the most authentic peasant bread possible. Dee-lish!

version

tasty, but the cruelest form of home cooking: dropping a live creature into boiling water and watching it die. at least meat from the market is from animals who are slaughtered out of sight, not that that makes it any less inhuman.

I still eat meat, so as guilty as anyone.
I try to buy organic when I do, but I eat less and less meat these days. I like the way it tastes, but I don't think that's enough to justify the current practices of the industry. I'm also having to take it on faith that the organic stuff is what it claims to be and isn't just as bad as the factory farmed stuff.

One problem I run into is how detached what goes on in the farms is from what ends up on your plate. You see the full extent of it now and then when you catch a news report or perhaps even go looking into it, but it isn't difficult to lose sight of it and carry on as usual.

Leo

I've probably gone 95% veg since lockdown started in mid-march and honestly feel fine. not craving meat but still enjoy it on the rare occasions when we order takeout.

Leo

I never think about the process of how meat gets to my table. that's not an excuse, just the way I am, for whatever reason. my wife stopped eating anything with a central nervous system, I just don't think in those terms.