Leo

the addition of lettuce, tomato and fries (aka, chips). a regular burger is just a burger on a bun.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Cooked a mean tagine last night. Lamb, marinaded in cumin, paprika, turmeric, cooked in chicken stock and tomatoes with apricots and prunes. Lush though next time I'll add the fruit later so it keeps its definition.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Maybe try making a generous tagine next time, Dan. They're much better IME.

Nothing too adventurous here over the last few days. Weds: just spaghetti bolognese, with some ragu we made a while ago and froze. Thursday: Co-op pizza at my mother-in-law's new place (she's recently moved nearby but hasn't got the stuff from her old house yet, so cooking options are fairly limited for her for the time being). Last night: Thai green curry with turkey, various veg and a small fraction of a mushroom I picked the other day that weighed well over five kilos (yes, a mushroom, you read that right - may post a photo in the Nature Watch thread).

Today we had an early dinner of some chicken pieces marinated with mango and spices and stuff (just an easy supermarket thing) but augmented with chanterelles and hedgehog mushrooms, and with rice all cooked in the pan together, so it was a sort of chicken and mushroom biryani, in a sense. Quite good. We're planning to cook something properly from scratch tomorrow.

Leo

fish (tilapia) curry over brown basmati rice topped with fresh cilantro and chives tonight.

had a couple of tacos for lunch, if anyone's wondering.

the wife plans ahead, so I can jump forward and report that Sunday's dinner will be spaghetti bolognese (made with beyond meat crumbles). i never knew it was called spag bol until I married a brit.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i was in portugal for a week and everything was so delicious my god. wonderful wines, fish everyday, fresh vegetables. grilling everyday. my face became rounder and my tan bronze. back in berlin now and i just ate a frozen pizza from the supermarket, not even a dr. oetker.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Had duxelles on toast yesterday - simple but very tasty.

This evening we finished off the fish pie (it had been frozen, don't worry).

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
it's english apparently.

The stargazy pie is a traditional Cornish pie made with the heads of pilchards protruding through the crust

this is psychopathic if you ask me, don't even want to post the picture

luka

Sounds like the sort of thing some old witch would make and force a captured child to eat

version

One of the worst things I've ever eaten was a microwaveable fish pie, still turns my stomach just thinking about it. It smelt and tasted like iron mixed with really strong cheese and melted plastic. Acrid.

Leo

microwaveable fish pie

Microwavable?? Well what did you expect! Don't eat shitty processed packaged foods, needs to be home (or restaurant) made from scratch with fresh fish, delicious.

god, I feel like taking you in and feeding you a proper meal, nuture a healthy glow.

version

I still eat some "shitty processed packaged foods" but I learned my lesson and haven't eaten a microwave meal in years. I can't think of a single one which was anything more than edible.

luka

I was a latchkey kid grew up on microwave meals. Weird 90s stuff like sweet and sour quorn. Surprised I'm still alive.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
it's english apparently.

this is psychopathic if you ask me, don't even want to post the picture

Yeah it's not that - it's the recipe I described a few pages back.

Also, don't say anything from Cornwall is 'English' in earshot of people from Cornwall! (Well, the more insular and belligerent ones, anyway.)