Slothrop

Tight but Polite
In order, in one sitting? Sounds like a challenge!

Tonight was the leftovers of last night's curry plus roast broccoli, a bit of yogurt, chutney and a couple of the mighty Shana frozen parathas.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
nothing worse (well, some things, I suppose) than a breakfast buffet at a hotel or restaurant where they have a huge heated bin of scrambled eggs that have been sitting there, solidifying for a few hours. you have to carve off a portion and plop it on your plate, where it's able to stand up straight on it's own.

tea must be in heaven there.

Come on, they were hardly cooking for "hours"!

Some severe egg-based Internet bullying going on here. :(

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
one of my friends boils his eggs soft and then eats it with a spoon, i think it's quite weird? his favourite bit is the yolk. but to me it just seems like you're eating a spoonful of raw egg that way.

IdleRich

IdleRich
In order, in one sitting? Sounds like a challenge!
I guess ideally yeah. At Ramiro one time I had small prawns, king prawns, langoustines, scarlet prawns and a huge lobster. From the menu we missed out tiger prawns, giant tiger prawns, the other kind of lobster (and also they have slipper lobster listed but never for sale, probably best cos I think it's endangered) and all the crabs. But obviously there are loads of other gradations of prawns and so on... would be very hard to manage everything on that spectrum, maybe if you drew up some rules for what counts as a full house with one thing from each size but not insisting on every type of thing...

Leo

Come on, they were hardly cooking for "hours"!

Some severe egg-based Internet bullying going on here. :(

I dunno, tea. the tray of already-cooked scrambled eggs comes out of the kitchen at the start of the buffet breakfast (let's say, 7:00 am) and sits there over one of those Sterno food warmers until breakfast ends at 9:30 am, coagulating before your very eyes. this egg abuse must end.

comelately

Wild Horses
I dunno, tea. the tray of already-cooked scrambled eggs comes out of the kitchen at the start of the buffet breakfast (let's say, 7:00 am) and sits there over one of those Sterno food warmers until breakfast ends at 9:30 am, coagulating before your very eyes. this egg abuse must end.

They were probably made from powdered egg in the first place.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

I was talking about my own eggs!

The eggs I cooked, I mean.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
I'm now visualizing Tea with stood next to a doner kebab machine, shaving off slices from a huge cylinder of scrambled eggs into a folded-over slice of white Kingsmill.

IdleRich

IdleRich
They were probably made from powdered egg in the first place.
My friend used to work in a sandwich shop and apparently they used something called long egg, which I guess was basically a reconstituted cylindrical egg which you could slice to produce many pieces which looked as though they had been sliced from a normal boiled egg.

Leo

yeah, I also doubt McDonald's is cracking open a couple of fresh ones for every Egg McMuffin they crank out.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I never really thought about these things cos I don't really like egg... if I do eat one it had better at least be real though, these monstrosities are inducing a violent reaction in me.