Benny Bunter

Nice one, I'll be checking all these out, there's quite a few albums on Spotify. I was listening to a bit of that Call Me Burroughs one last night, that's seems like a good one.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Vertiginous spins

So many and so

Quiet the marks

Old blue hands

If you call the old Dr twice, he quiets you

Wise old rat

Vapourised bank notes

Where we came in

Some wise characters

searing

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
4th Oct 1982, Hacienda

My ultra fan boi trench coat wearing (at the time) older brother went, think Cabaret Voltaire played too outside of the Topy influx, cunt picked out gigs being years older than myself which I’m envious of but he turned down Castlemorton preferring Heaven instead, that’s commitment to cock WSB would have approved of

version

@WashYourHands

Shut the whole thing right off — Silence — When you answer the machine you provide it with more recordings to be played back to your “enemies” keep the whole nova machine running — The Chinese character for “enemy” means to be similar to or to answer — Don’t answer the machine — Shut if off —

Benny Bunter

Tbh the arty videos and industrial noise are all a bit too much for me at the moment.

The version of Hassan's last words that's in Nova Express tones down the anti-Semitism a bit compared to some of the other versions I see, but you can still see it bubbling under the surface. Quite similar to Pound's usura rants.

version

Something I've developed a greater appreciation for reading the notes is how densely layered and autobiographical his stuff is. A lot of the characters are based on real people and there are specific locations, establishments and whatnot he visited that appear in the books. Also, how deliberate and methodical a lot of it is, despite the apparent messiness. He gave instructions to publishers that certain words and letters be lower or upper case, that certain ellipses have specific spacings, etc. It's all very precise once it gets to the editing process.

Benny Bunter

Definitely seems like he was very aware the books would be more lasting monuments than all the scattered experiments published in little magazines and sound recordings etc, and he was keen to polish them up.

Benny Bunter

Listened to this the other night and just it read it today in Nova Express, love it, one of the best bits so far. Inflexible Authority.