Harold Bloom is dead

version

Harold Bloom, the prodigious literary critic who championed and defended the Western canon in an outpouring of influential books that appeared not only on college syllabuses but also — unusual for an academic — on best-seller lists, died on Monday at a hospital in New Haven. He was 89.

harold-bloom.jpg

Last edited:

version

It doesn't surprise me that a bunch of people are claiming he was 'handsy' with his students. I swear every famous writer/academic is some sort of perv.

version

"if you truly want to honor Harold Bloom you should have 20 unpaid grad students write his obit"

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Saw a tweet along the lines of "Who cares what this predator had to say about shakespeare?"

So if they found out that Shakespeare had been "handsy" would that automatically invalidate 'Hamlet'? Who cares what this predator has to say about the human condition?

luka

If me and corpse had access to a constantly refreshed stock of nubile brainbox beauties who idolised us we'd be like kids in a sweet shop eh corpse s-e-x all night to the break of dawn

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
He was right about Harry Potter. I've listened to the audiobooks about 60 times and they're horribly written.

luka

You show great promise my dear come into my office and let me read you a poem that'd be me and corpse all over it like a bad rash

Last edited:

version

Reddit actually, but it's definitely "Twitterspeak". Everyone writes like they're working for Buzzfeed these days.

luka

Surprised he hasn't chipped in on this thread yet. He hero worships Bloom and also he loves the ladies.