patty's melancholic conservative politics

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
why is it so downbeat? Why can't it be a bit more warrior like, at least harness those military impulses to plunder villages and kidnap their women and children? what's the point of being misanthropic and having no faith in the kids? It just puts you in a self-imposed prison.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
what is patty's position on what topic exactly?

trying to understand what's going on.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
whenever i come on here now I have to spend the rest of the day in a negative hump because the kids are awful and brainwashed and slaves and yata yata yata. ok, kill yourself then if it's that bad and at least make me feel less susceptible to my suicidal ideation increasing.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
noone can have a conversation about anything anymore because noone is willing to explore and experiment, just repeat how much we've lost. well, it won't come back if you sit around like that.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
All I'm asking for some is some enjoyment, some tension, some life and luster. yes, I behaved like crap the other day but then I just came on here to hear some ultra pessimism straight out of a reactionary jihadists handbook and I just can't.

I don't mind people being negative, but at least have some flare to it, at least keep me engaged with the mistrust or misanthropy or whatever.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
It's OK, Leo. It's flattering to be so thoroughly obsessed over. But idk, I feel like I don't actually see things exactly how third thinks I do. For a start, I know pretty much 0 political theory. So my shit is all based on feelings and instincts. I'm nowhere near the avg dissensus level when it comes to reading. But the fact that he always brings it to nazi/fascism is a bit disconcerting. I mean, I honestly feel like the hippie ideals were not so idealistic. I think a lot of that shit is attainable with a change of attitude. Love is not dead. It may just be chemicals, but it is not dead. And so when a guy like third tries to paint me as a tyrant, when they're the ones claiming to know that love is over. I don't care who you've read, I don't care what you know. I have experienced love and shared it with others. If believing in that makes me a tyrant then I guess I'm guilty. My whole shit revolves around this point. My constant harping on about the youth is no doubt tiring at this point and I'm going to make an effort to tone it down, but I think the only way we can actually progress is by putting all of our most honest and sometimes embarrassing opinions on the table all together and have it out. Ideally without ripping each other's faces off.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Ultimately I think I'm an optimist but to get to the point of a positive move in the direction that I think most of us yearn for, I think a better degree of honesty is required.

Leo

it's not, actually. I think things are decent right now, a pretty good mix of deep and lighthearted discussion. perhaps you're not interested in the humorous threads, fair enough. I love so many contributions you've made, often impressed by your depth of knowledge on a wide range of topics. just let the annoying shit slide, none of it is worth getting upset or sad about.

on that note: do you prefer old or newer Neil Landstrumm?

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
btw, this was in response to third's reply about the forum be depressing.

Ha was wondering. I agree that it's not depressing. It's actually pretty inspiring a lot of the time. How many other corners of the web can claim this level of quality discussion plus a healthy dollop of lols?

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
I want us to collectively break out of this atmospheric cage we're stuck in. I think the only way out is through. We have to face shit as honestly as possible to move forward. In the words of mtume in his rbma lecture - 'when something's wack, call it out.' if it's shit it's shit. Boilerroom is shit. It's not even the sponsorship side that gets me so much. It's the focus being on the audience and the audience being almost always shit. Soul Train got it right. Get people in who can dance and know how to enjoy themselves. This is still possible. It'll send a much better message out to impressionable minds.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
it's not, actually. I think things are decent right now, a pretty good mix of deep and lighthearted discussion. perhaps you're not interested in the humorous threads, fair enough. I love so many contributions you've made, often impressed by your depth of knowledge on a wide range of topics. just let the annoying shit slide, none of it is worth getting upset or sad about.

on that note: do you prefer old or newer Neil Landstrumm?

hmmmm. good question that. well his new stuff is less to the point i guess, a bit deeper, i actually did like his dabblings in bassier territories, lord of 39 pounds etc. the stuff he was putting out in 1996-1997 was a bit crazy, but in terms of hitting you in the face there's not much like brown by august era that is hard as nails but still retains a chicago funk feel.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I want us to collectively break out of this atmospheric cage we're stuck in. I think the only way out is through. We have to face shit as honestly as possible to move forward. In the words of mtume in his rbma lecture - 'when something's wack, call it out.' if it's shit it's shit. Boilerroom is shit. It's not even the sponsorship side that gets me so much. It's the focus being on the audience and the audience being almost always shit. Soul Train got it right. Get people in who can dance and know how to enjoy themselves. This is still possible. It'll send a much better message out to impressionable minds.

sure, it's wack but we've called out boiler room forever now. it's boring, noone's taking notice, it's going to continue. as RZA says, whenever a door closes, we gaze so long at the closed door that we fail to see the new one open in front of us.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
it's like calling out kenny G by this point. The forcefulness of the callout has receded. it's just a cliche now. even people who play for boiler room call out boiler room.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
it's gonna be kaput in 5 years anyway. already they're struggling with financial and funding issues. I wouldn't fret about it at all. in a few decades it's just going to be remembered as one of those embarrassing fads like progressive breaks and chillstep.

version

Isn't it partly because nothing new seems to have happened since Boiler Room? There isn't really anything new to rail against. It's still Google, Amazon, Facebook, Spotify, Boiler Room et al., the same lot from a decade or so ago.