Corpsey

bandz ahoy
:crylarf:

I'm not anti that tune, seems nice enough, but not much more than that. The dick in the rectum is the one arresting element.

Leo

and more than that: Terre's house is drenched with queer melancholy - it's not just comfortable escapist tune-out music

conceptronic house.

I've always loved "midtown 120 blues", needs to be played as a whole as opposed to individual tracks. swimming, flowing. get lost in it.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
House is a warm bubble bath.

her glitchy non-house concrete stuff on like mille plateau is the best. her house stuff is the ultimate whiteification but with some queer cred. fetishised new york blackness that even hip house made obsolete. in chicago they play their house music hard and fast.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
But it's about taking dick in your rectum.

does gay psytrance exist though? luke brings up an interesting point. it will have to. capitalism won't allow that not to be invented. suddenly out of thin air a new need will be created. not to queer psytrance, which noone wants anyway and noone historically wanted, but to convince people that it was always there to be reclaimed.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
He's using those references to make pretty much the same point you're making. Something that would be lost on the dilettante.

yeah, but most of her audience are dilettantes. you go to a sprinkles night and his crowd are 99% white who just think it sounds all edgey and groovie. whether she dj'd in the new york gay scene in the 80s and early 90s with a mixed crowd is a bit by the by in 2019. like i said, her stuff on instinct ambient, mille plateau ritorinel etc is better, but that's far from house.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I mean Sprinkles built his European career on endless variations of this amazing salvational soul dub house tune with an earth shattering vocal. I kind of rate it, if she wants to milk white people dry then I'm all for it, but I reserve my right to be critical.

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I'm not really invested in the good art vs bad art debate though tbh. that killed house music to begin with, long before the internet bogeyman.

but house has gotta jutter and bang for me.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
the house/garage separation in the states is more territorial than musical. that's what so many people who say 'acclaim' from the right places miss. well, the right places make that stupid distinction to avoid the fact that there is a scene they wouldn't touch with a barge pol that plays the same music as them. but if you look through 90s derick may sets or whatever there are new york tracks in there aswell.

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I need to go through my bookmarks but I might dump some more proper house in here. we'll see.

sprinkles wants to argue that strictly rhythm became strictly vocal but actually that songful rejection of unrequited love was there in house from day dot.

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
the thing is I know my house so I can make that critique fairly informedly.

fair enough – though personally I didn't like any of the tunes you've posted, and especially not the Ten City which I had to turn off after three minutes. Aarrgghh, take those appalling vocals away. At least the Jazz-n-Groove was only three minutes long. Okay, yes, there are significant stylistic resemblances of the subgenre, but in effect and feeling Terre's stuff isn't really like any of that.

but house has gotta jutter and bang for me.

again, fair enough – whereas I don't want it to do that. I want it to go hypnotically along. Like this...

Last edited:

version

Obviously they're very different, but I'm curious as to what luka likes about Basic Channel / Rhythm & Sound after reading some of the criticisms about "Germans dressing up", the length of the tunes etc.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
fair enough – though personally I didn't like any of the tunes you've posted, and especially not the Ten City which I had to turn off after three minutes. Aarrgghh, take those appalling vocals away. At least the Jazz-n-Groove was only three minutes long. Okay, yes, there are significant stylistic resemblances of the subgenre, but in effect and feeling Terre's stuff isn't really like any of that.

again, fair enough – whereas I don't want it to do that. I want it to go hypnotically along. Like this...

Do you like proper american house though? that's a SA house tune you've posted which is quite different to proper chicago or new york house. that's fair enough if you don't, not a value judgment.

in terms of hypnosis I prefer deep techno. pure machine sound are better, reminds me of having to go and pick my dad up from the factory when I was a kid with the clanging thump, thump.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I don't mind her making loads of house tunes that's cool with me it just seems to be a lot of signalling to a crowd that I never interact with really.

as for hypnosis I don't understand why one would want it to sound organic when we are children of machines. the luddites broke machines so they wouldn't be deskilled and lose their jobs. they weren't anti-technology per se. but today?

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
Do you like proper american house though? that's a SA house tune you've posted which is quite different to proper chicago or new york house. that's fair enough if you don't, not a value judgment.

in terms of hypnosis I prefer deep techno. pure machine sound are better, reminds me of having to go and pick my dad up from the factory when I was a kid with the clanging thump, thump.

No, I've never much liked old school US house, too many awful vocals. The more acid bleepy stuff I do quite enjoy. But, yes, mostly I prefer techno too.

I don't mind her making loads of house tunes that's cool with me it just seems to be a lot of signalling to a crowd that I never interact with really.

Yes, to a very queer crowd. Without that I probably wouldn't like it half as much.