What will be the result of the upcoming GE?

• Conservative majority

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Conservative minority

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Labour majority

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labour minority

• The Lib Dems are a force for evil

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Fuck the lot of em, we're going to to hell in a handcart

• Total voters

IdleRich

IdleRich
I reckon it was the Russians though, they keep getting caught in every other thing they do, they've been shit lately, and why should they care? No-one does anything anyway. How high is that spire again?

DannyL

Wild Horses
I think I'm going to have to give up looking at political twitter 'til after the election. Same arguments being rehearsed just with increasing levels of spite. Does anyone else feel like this election isn't really happening? It doesn't seem to impinge on the consciousness in the same way that others have. I guess everyone's trying to block it out.

john eden

male pale and stale
I think I'm going to have to give up looking at political twitter 'til after the election. Same arguments being rehearsed just with increasing levels of spite. Does anyone else feel like this election isn't really happening? It doesn't seem to impinge on the consciousness in the same way that others have. I guess everyone's trying to block it out.

I’ve had to turn twitter off today due to 1000s of mentions.

Helped get a Sun story taken down though.

The election will be won and lost on the streets.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I reckon it was the Russians though, they keep getting caught in every other thing they do, they've been shit lately, and why should they care? No-one does anything anyway. How high is that spire again?

You want to watch out for those Russians, Rich. They're nothing but trouble.

john eden

male pale and stale
This is hilarious and insane:
The pressure from Aaron's lawsuit must really be getting to him.

It's actually not a terrible article until you get to the last couple of paragraphs. Which are indeed insane.

This is also what happens when you rock up on people's doorsteps for the first time. And by "you" I mean, a political party.

People aren't stupid and they know that the only time they see political people sniffing around is in the run up to an election.

DannyL

Wild Horses
It's actually not a terrible article until you get to the last couple of paragraphs. Which are indeed insane.

This is also what happens when you rock up on people's doorsteps for the first time. And by "you" I mean, a political party.

People aren't stupid and they know that the only time they see political people sniffing around is in the run up to an election.

I didn't like it (I read the whole thing), but I concede I'm primed to dislike anything that comes me way via Novara. Thought it was a bit patronising - you need to blunt and swear a lot if you talk to anyone working class. FFS.

DannyL

Wild Horses
OWRITE GEEZAH YOU GUNNA VOTE FOR CORBYN OR WOT YOU CAHHHHHHHNNNTT

Can't see that winning hearts and minds on the doorstep.

sadmanbarty

fan fiction

if corbyn more forcefully promoted a norway-style brexit and said he'd campaign for it in 2nd referendum he could have neutralised johnson's attack lines.

corbyn could have responded to "get brexit done" by saying that his brexit deal means (he owns brexit) that britain leaves with future trading relationships "oven ready" and the government can focus on rebuilding britain, whereas johnson would spend the next decade dithering and delayed as he ran around the world pleading for trade deals.

he could have then compared his brexit to boris'; his would be better for the economy, better for services and manufacturing, etc. his would be more patriotic because it doesn't split the union (frame it for social conservative voters), associate boris's one with fiddly customs bureaucracy whereas his one is free and easy, etc.

in terms of immigration, just say eu migrants with have 3 months to find work and they won't be able to receive benefits in that time which makes sure that we have enough staff for hospitals and care workers while flooding the system (making a positive case for immigration while also addressing people's concerns about it). also they could vaguely promise to reform non-eu immigration.

maybe some flack from remainers, but they'd be getting a 2nd referendum. might be some flack from a divided cabinet, but you could bat that off about how they're unified behind corbyn's plan.

version

Today's been mental:

- Johnson refusing to look at the photo of the kid with pneumonia and taking a journalist's phone.
- Peston and Kuenssberg spreading a total fabrication about a Labour activist punching one of Matt Hancock's aides.
- Hancock stirring it up tweeting about Labour intimidation tactics.
- Johnson 'looking at' abolishing the BBC license fee.
- Johnson apparently having written about 'Jews controlling the media' in one of his books.
- Arlene Foster saying she will never take Johnson at his word again.
- The Panorama on Universal Credit finally airing.
- A bunch of protesters turning up in Andrew Neil masks and booing Johnson.
- Johnson getting caught out making up figures on crime and HS2.

There's probably been plenty of other stuff too.

version

The machine's gone into overdrive trying to discredit that photo of the child on the floor.

[Thread]1/ This one is about the fake news claiming that a sick boy on the floor of a hospital in leeds was staged by his mother. We know the story is real, Dr Yvette Oade, chief medical officer at Leeds even apologised

2/ Firstly, the bots and sock puppet accounts are on the case on Twitter. As you can see, an identical tweet claiming the mother staged the photo was circulated on Twitter. It's literally copied and pasted, and the accounts are targeting it at various influencers

3/ Even more alarming is on Facebook. The exact same tweet is mentioned on dozens of fairly dodgy looking FB accounts. What's more, is that some of these posts are pasted into groups where they get liked and commented on, often by people who seem to believe it ... #bbcqt

4/ In one example, Jason Crosby pastes the tweet on the FB group for "Seaham Have Your Say". Seaham have your say is a page with 24k followers serving the North Eastern coastal town of Seaham. His post gets 91 comments and 26 shares.

5/ This one is even more egregious. The fake news post on the group March Cambridgeshire Free Discussion with 37k members has 235 comments and 28 shares. You can see the comments here, … - many call out the fakeness, others seem to believe it...

6/ It's interesting to note that in addition to targeting national level Facebook groups, a lot of these accounts are targeting influential local Facebook groups such as that of Cambridgeshire and Seaham. We know the role local FB groups are said to play in this election

7/ Meanwhile, back on Twitter, @Telegraph columnist @allisonpearson retweeted the copy and pasted tweet (of course in theory the text could still be genuine - but if so why is is circulated by weird sock puppets). Pearson 'presumes it is genuine'.

8/ It's 3.20 am here and I'm tired but I'll wager @allisonpearson is perhaps the most influential proponent of the faked floor theory. Stay tuned for her expose in the telegraph. I hope she interviewed the senior nursing sister! Night all !

9/ Last one. Interestingly @allisonpearson 'a retweet of what looks like a bot was then retweeted by @Fox_Claire (albeit with more caveats - not that it matters really) . Goes to show how potentially fake accounts and news can spread so insidious

Leo

these posts today are so depressing. the fake news genie is truly out of the bottle, probably impossible to get back in. even if truth eventually prevails both home and abroad, mistruths will be in the ether long enough to distort reality and influence the electorate. really fucking frustrating and sad. good luck tomorrow.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
My brother said something once to the effect that he believes the internet is fundamentally incompatible with democracy. And there might be something in that.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Today's been mental:

- Johnson refusing to look at the photo of the kid with pneumonia and taking a journalist's phone.
- Peston and Kuenssberg spreading a total fabrication about a Labour activist punching one of Matt Hancock's aides.
- Hancock stirring it up tweeting about Labour intimidation tactics.
- Johnson 'looking at' abolishing the BBC license fee.
- Johnson apparently having written about 'Jews controlling the media' in one of his books.
- Arlene Foster saying she will never take Johnson at his word again.
- The Panorama on Universal Credit finally airing.
- A bunch of protesters turning up in Andrew Neil masks and booing Johnson.
- Johnson getting caught out making up figures on crime and HS2.

There's probably been plenty of other stuff too.

My feed is half full of this stuff alongside furious posts from Jewish activists about how fucked off they are being told to "hold their noses" and vote for an institutionally racist party. What a shit show.