What will be the result of the upcoming GE?

• Conservative majority

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Conservative minority

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Labour majority

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labour minority

• The Lib Dems are a force for evil

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Fuck the lot of em, we're going to to hell in a handcart

• Total voters

DannyL

Wild Horses
The whole notion of the "broad church" makes no sense?

I thought that'd be pretty easy to get?

Does sound a bit Tony Blair 1997 I'll admit and maybe we'll never have it again but that's how I see it. Negotiating consensus (not Dissensus)

DannyL

Wild Horses
Just to add to the no doubt to be dashed optimism, there are around 100 seats where the policing is showing a difference of under 5%. This is unprecedented in modern times apparently.

sadmanbarty

i asked my nan if she'd voted. i was hoping she'd say she (and thus old people like her) couldn't because of the weather. she did vote.

mark francois was canvassing on her street last night. she said he's a lot fatter than he used to be.

luka

The whole notion of the "broad church" makes no sense?

I thought that'd be pretty easy to get?

Does sound a bit Tony Blair 1997 I'll admit and maybe we'll never have it again but that's how I see it. Negotiating consensus (not Dissensus)

I think politics is the one area of life where we dont have to be sensible or think solely in terms of the possible. Where the onus is on us to be as fantastical as we can be. Mad dreams only. Free Playstations. Castles in the sky.

luka

Writing your shopping list, that's a time to be moderate and sensible and stick to a budget. Politics no fuckng way. Politics should be more deranged and ambitious than art.

IdleRich

IdleRich
This waiting is killing me... desperately grabbing any clue to gain insight into how it will go. High turnout is a good thing right?

luka

This waiting is killing me... desperately grabbing any clue to gain insight into how it will go. High turnout is a good thing right?

Nows the time you can believe anything you want to. This is the moment of quantum indeterminacy. All results are possible. Pick one.

luka

This thread is all simpering niceness and avoiding offence. Let's get pissed up and start abusing each other. Real horrible personal abuse and temper tantrums. I want tears tonight. Huge raging feuds. Let's get drunk.

luka

Ive got some horrible corner shop red wine and a bottle of Coke to mix it with to start on. What can you find in your cupboards? This mealy mouthedness must stop. Let's tell everyone what we really think of them.