What will be the result of the upcoming GE?

• Conservative majority

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Conservative minority

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Labour majority

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labour minority

• The Lib Dems are a force for evil

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Fuck the lot of em, we're going to to hell in a handcart

• Total voters

DannyL

Wild Horses
Tories off to a flying start confirming their cuntishness to the nation on at least 3 different fronts - the Kulaks comment, JRM on Grenfell, rape coverup allegations. Man alive! I'll be out campaigning for Corbyn at this rate. JC4PM2019!!!.... I can't really, but I'm sure you get my drift.

Last edited:

john eden

male pale and stale
Tories off to a flying start confirming their cuntishness to the nation on at least 3 different fronts - the Kulaks comment, JRM on Grenfell, rape coverup allegations.

Watching the news last night with two 18 year olds was a sight to behold as this all rolled out. Disbelief and then rage - no indoctrination required.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Watching the news last night with two 18 year olds was a sight to behold as this all rolled out. Disbelief and then rage - no indoctrination required.

I showed it to a class this afternoon just to get 'em riled up.

I just find it truly amazing - of someone had scripted it, people would be saying "nah! Don't make it *that* obvious"

craner

Beast of Burden
I was laughing at the idea of the Liberal Democrats being a vehicle for Jo Swinson, one of the great parliamentary non-entities of our time and as propounded by their stupid fucking bus. But then they’ve always been such a craven clump of cranks and charlatans, why not?

version

Tom Harper
‏Verified account @TomJHarper

Breaking - 9 Russian businessmen who gave money to the Conservative party are named in a secret intelligence report on the threats posed to UK democracy which was suppressed last week by Downing Street. See tomorrow’s Sunday Times story with @cazjwheeler
1:29 PM - 9 Nov 2019

IdleRich

IdleRich
So Farage has just announced that the Brexit Party won't contest any seats won by Tories at the last election. Which is very bad news I guess.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Extremely bad. I don't see how anything short of a Labour/SNP/LD pact can hold this off. Which seems vanishingly unlikely.

DannyL

Wild Horses
There won't be a Lib-Lab pact this GE. Lib Dem's are trying to pull in Tories who want to vote for them but fear a Corbyn govt too much to currently vote for them. Their whole strategy is to lay into him.

This might assuage some of your worries -
Fuck knows how this stuff will play out though - volitaile, angry electorate, Dec election, party lines disintegrating over Brexit, two big parties and leaders widely disliked....

IdleRich

IdleRich
I don't know how it will play out but I seem to see more Lab vs Lib fighting than I do of either side attacking the Tories which can't be right.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I agree with what that's arguing which is basically that if the Brexit party want to maximise the number of Tory seats at Labour's expense then they would need to design a more sophisticated strategy than the simple one that they have announced. By definition, not fighting in the seats Tories already held cannot help them (the Tories) INCREASE their total in itself though it might prevent the total decreasing.

IdleRich

IdleRich
You would be pissed off if you were one of the prospective candidates for Brexit Party Ltd wouldn't you? You send off your (non-refundable) hundred pounds to Lord Nigel and then start campaigning, I dunno, book time off work, employ some people to run your office, print some flyers and so on... and then you're unilaterally stood down to help the Tories get their "this is not Brexit" Brexit over the line. What does happen to the hundred, presumably Farage can't just trouser it but they're not giving it back either so.