Death Stranding

version

I have no clue what this is about, but it's Kojima so it's probably going to be brilliant.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
The revolutionary (supposedly) aspect is that it's a single player game where what you do to the map impacts other single player games.

So you can leave a ladder across a gorge and someone else playing it will be able to walk across it rather than using their own ladder.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I was wondering if Luka would be into this cos it looks a bit like Red Dead/Skyrim, but it also looks quite boring.

Currently playing God of War 4 which is anything but boring.

luka

The only games I've played which I haven't felt guilty about conflicted and resentful about have been San Andreas, skyrim and red dead redemption two. It's a very short list. Of those San Andreas is by far and away the best but skyrim was the most addictive. That's the one that's had me up till 5am. It was a weird time too. Very cold winter. Lots of snow. My dad had just died. I'd just come back to England. Everything was weird and the game was a nice sanctuary.

The only games I've played which I haven't felt guilty about conflicted and resentful about have been San Andreas, skyrim and red dead redemption two. It's a very short list. Of those San Andreas is by far and away the best but skyrim was the most addictive. That's the one that's had me up till 5am. It was a weird time too. Very cold winter. Lots of snow. My dad had just died. I'd just come back to England. Everything was weird and the game was a nice sanctuary.

I'm keen to get my son away from Fortnite/Apex Legends (Fortnite has made a strong comeback lately). Is Skyrim in any way suitable for a kid?

version

I'm a big fan of Metal Gear Solid so I'm looking forward to it, but it does look a bit drab and moody. The Lovecraftian elements, "America is a lie" and all that looks promising though. The things in the oil/mud in the earlier trailer are intriguing.

Last edited:

luka

I don't know enough about kids to say really. People get their heads chopped off and stuff. Fairly tame by gaming standards but still gory.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Reviews coming out for this now are very divided, with a couple saying it's essentially very boring to play.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I played it round a friend's, that's the one in Afghanistan right?

I remember it being quite boring until you got to the stealth bits.

version

I've been watching people play this and it's bizarre. You can go for a piss, you have to replace your boots otherwise they wear through and your feet start bleeding, there's some sort of rift between life and death and dead bodies explode, you can pull faces at yourself in the mirror, the rain ages everything until it dies and disintegrates. Very strange.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Has anyone played this since? I might start it tonight, with my family.

edit: I know nothing about it, aside from this thread. Haven't watched the above videos.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i tried to play it last christmas but you need a lot of patience. apparently you'll get rewarded eventually. i quit after two or three hours cos it was too slow for me. i wanted to shoot someone or see an explosion or do something adventurous but all i could do was walk around with packages and delivering them.

how do you play this game with your family though?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Limmy's playing this atm.

It seems in the wake of coronavirus like this game was ahead of its time.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
i tried to play it last christmas but you need a lot of patience. apparently you'll get rewarded eventually. i quit after two or three hours cos it was too slow for me. i wanted to shoot someone or see an explosion or do something adventurous but all i could do was walk around with packages and delivering them.

how do you play this game with your family though?
Fair question - my dad suggested I get the game so they could watch me play it.