poetix

we murder to dissect
I can't imagine anything less appealing than a "poetry marathon". Harder to get through than No Nut November. Not only aren't you allowed to do it yourself, you have to watch others doing it in front of you.

luka

Seems he like to buzz hum and otherwise reverberate. When you hear poets read you notice they have their particular sound world, usually very circumscribed, as much as they have a particular diction.

poetix

we murder to dissect
"Poetry is a strange angel, and has very little to do with enjoyment actually. A great deal to do with joy, not with enjoyment. Enjoyment is patronising and possessive, like the old archaic euphemism of a man sexually 'enjoying' a woman's body. So when you 'enjoy' a poem, you say, 'you are mine, and you please me in my current mood'. And the angel of poetry says, 'sod off...SOD OFF!'"

version

Do people still grow moustaches for November? You could add that to the pile. Wanking, moustaching, Prousting and hallucinating.

luka

There's loads of these people you can pay to teach you how to be a man and there's lots of these challenges too, like the no nut November you mentioned.

There are aspects of this stuff, impulses, I think are good. Not toxic at all. Did you see they have a book club where perhaps they do dutifully slog through canonical texts like Proust

luka

I like the thing of going, let's read a book together, let's try and be intelligent together, i like that Boy Scout thing

luka

Yes that is because you don't understand how to play the role of group leader and encourage us

luka

You're not suppose to just sneer, I'm ahead of you. You are supposed to facilitate discussion.