Delete London

sufi

lala
What would you do if we had to evacuate? how would you be affected?

perhaps because of a terrible smog, like Delhi, a modern pea souper, or a flood, or an alien microbe invasion who knows maybe just a scare
first the transport would stop, most shops and businesses close, soon the phones and electricity are cut off, then water, how long might you stay?

Where would you go? or Would you let us come and stay, maybe?

john eden

male pale and stale
I'd probably head to the inlaws in North Wales in the short term. And go quietly mental.

I could probably do most of my work remotely but would miss many of the things that make life worth living like friends, Cafe OTO, decent shops on my road, all that.

I'd be tempted to remain in the ruins living like a hobo and watching the rewilding slowly unfold. But I'd be shit at that.

When mooting a move out I've given serious consideration to Bristol and Sheffield.

Realistically I'd need to go where the work was.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Have lived here all my life bar five years so would find it hard to go. I find life outside London hard to imagine. I would probably aim for a place with a nearby cave where I could evoke spirits from the Goetia. Have to have something to fill the long evenings. Not too near mind, don't want them following me home.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
I'm not even in London these days, but we've thought seriously about Brussels. It's handy on the train, it's fancy enough for bourgeois bohemian fun stuff but it's big enough and intermittently crap enough not to feel like you're cheating by living there. Decent venues, great beer...

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I'm not even in London these days, but we've thought seriously about Brussels. It's handy on the train, it's fancy enough for bourgeois bohemian fun stuff but it's big enough and intermittently crap enough not to feel like you're cheating by living there. Decent venues, great beer...

Best suburbs in the world, too (according to Jonathan Meades).

IdleRich

IdleRich
Lisbon?
But if you rule that out, I've kinda always had my eye on Tbilisi. I keep wanting to visit but from a distance it looks as though it is big enough not to get bored, small enough to feel part of, has good food and some amazing buildings etc would be cheap enough to live an easy life and apparently there is a good club scene which is also quite left-wing and activist. Is the big club called Bassiani or something?
Plus I know some people from Georgia and they are really cool and I'm sure they would link me up to people there so I could hit the ground running.

Tbilisi.jpg

Although in fairness, I have never been so perhaps I would totally hate it.

Leo

A friend just announced he's moving with family to Lewes. What's it like there? They are an ok but slightly annoying artsy couple, graphic designers. are they the typical demographic or gentrifiers?