firefinga

I for one wonder how small "Dance" has become where it - kinda - originated (meaning UK, Germany, not so much the US where it was never big - exception the EDM behemoth). All those super big venues where you could watch youtube vids of the Andy Cs and Ed Rush's of the world (yes, he is still spinning) seem to be located in Eastern Europe, Asia and the likes. I can only speak for Austria and Germany where big festivals are actually struggling to draw numbers comparable with let's say mid 2000s.

IdleRich

IdleRich
But I never liked those things so much anyway. This thing on halloween was enormous by my standards but maybe not as big as those things you seen on youtube where David Guetta plays to the entire country. This was anonymous enough for me anyhow. As long as places holding one to four hundred can get packed out weekly with good line-ups then I'm happy... not sure they can though.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Now I see that I realise that last week was actually pretty small and intimate. It did feel like a conference centre though... possibly cos it was in a conference centre. Business techno indeed.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
basically the replacement of that delightful contradiction in terms (germanic industrial metronomic funk) with turn of the millennium european wagnerian show off nazi anthem trance pomposity. mama snake and the whole Danish crews are in it too. can't wait for it to die and techno to get demented again.

more like this please.

Last edited:

chava

basically the replacement of that delightful contradiction in terms (germanic industrial metronomic funk) with turn of the millennium european wagnerian show off nazi anthem trance pomposity. mama snake and the whole Danish crews are in it too. can't wait for it to die and techno to get demented again.

more like this please.

You got two out of three of my all time favorites covered right there.

Also not particularly impressed with the current "Copenhagen sound". I bet they'll ditch their ANTIFA roots and do a relaunch as something like 'woke business techno' within 5 years.

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
oh i don't really care just so weird to see them go on about respectability politics when that is exactly what they do.