version

I sometimes forget how big dance music is. It's easy to slip into a bubble of glancing at Boomkat and whatnot and thinking it's still a somewhat niche concern, but those huge hardstyle raves, the dnb stuff in massive arenas etc are ridiculous.

Last edited:

Leo

Hmm, which "controversy" do I care less about: business techno or Nina Kravitz's cornrows? Tough call.

luka

Leo says your thread is shit version. Store that up, wait for the perfect moment, then get him back. Sock him right in the kisser, just when he's least expecting it. Play the long game.

luka

Phew it's a pile on mate corpsey has just said this thread is shit too. Seems like everyone wants to put the boot in when you're down don't it

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Techno producers accusing ppl of being unimaginative you've got to larf

agreed, but no western orthodox 'genre' in inverted commas is imaginative anymore, jameson's whole idea that what we are witnessing is the death of culture. the whole ironic detachment. even UK drill is ironic now. the trick is to turn into a youtube/soulseek yob :D

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
for god's sake guys, this is what you all wanted. lester bangs nuggetmania! it's here already. music has never been so invigorating. can spend hours listening to it. things could not be better on that front even if the dwp starves you to death. so long as you've got something resembling a stable internet connection noone needs central heating and socks anyway. freeze to death but you still have mongolian throat singing somalian gabba at your fingertips.

version

Phew it's a pile on mate corpsey has just said this thread is shit too. Seems like everyone wants to put the boot in when you're down don't it
He's just private messaged me demanding a duel.

duelists1.jpg

Last edited:

Leo

LOL! but seriously, sellout mainstream shit has existed in every genre, forever. it exists in techno (and honestly, it's not even a new phenomenon). a made up "controversy" for newbies, shock horror!

version

It's basically just what some people are calling big room techno designed for the festival circuit. This sort of thing.

Last edited:

Leo

Let's hear it for small business techno, the independently run mom & pop variety. Shed, Black Merlin, Dro Carey/Tuff Sherm, Kassem Mosse, Mix Mup, Hieroglyphic being, etc. etc.

craner

Beast of Burden
I sometimes forget how big dance music is. It's easy to slip into a bubble of glancing at Boomkat and whatnot and thinking it's still a somewhat niche concern, but those huge hardstyle raves, the dnb stuff in massive arenas etc are ridiculous.

This is horrific, although it does explain the riddle of drum and bass.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Hmm, which "controversy" do I care less about: business techno or Nina Kravitz's cornrows? Tough call.
This thread is perfect timing for me cos on Halloween (last Thurs) we went to an enormous fucking venue to dance to some business techno featuring Nina Kraviz. It's like someone said above, I forget how massive dance music is and how BIG these venues are. When we walked in I was absolutely overwhelmed by the size and the volume and the lights etc there were at least a billion people there. In fact all of us were. For like the first half hour all we talked about was how big it was and how we weren't used to going to that sort of thing and how we all prefer small dark clubs and so on.... impressive in a sense but then it wears off. It's all such a commercial enterprise in that you have to buy tokens to buy booze (why? I've only seen that before at underground places trying to get round licensing) and at the end I'm sure there were millions of tokens that people bought but didn't get a chance to use and the difference is an extra profit - especially cos it all shut down and the lights went on at 7am even though it was advertised until 8. I mean i was very ready to go by then but it's sneaky right? They advertise it like that but really they save an hour of paying staff etc and realise no-one there is actually gonna get it together to make any kind of official complaint.