Thread: Sugar is the Devil

Default Sugar is the Devil

It's everywhere, incredibly tempting, incredibly moreish, legal, fucks your teeth, mind and body and there's no real social stigma surrounding it. I've eaten like two packets of chocolate biscuits in the last three days and every day I tell myself this is the last time, I'll get back on a normal diet tomorrow, only to end up doing it all over again. I had an easier time cutting out drugs than I have cutting out sugar for a single day. It's maddening.

Little kids are where you can see it in action. Spend the day with them and watch them become slowly intolerable until the point a parent gives them sugar. Then they turn into Angels. Goodness and beauty shines out of them. It's scary.

Cos the sort of people my parents were, specially my mum, I didn't ever get a taste for it. It was raisins and carob bars. Very earnest. I was first born too. No sweeties. Real blessing that. I still don't have any fillings and I'm not a fat fuck. Damaged in all sorts of other ways but the sugar never got me.

I'm one of those people who seem to be able to eat like shit, slack off when it comes to exercise but never really put on much weight so it never gets to the point where I'm properly like "fuck, I need to do something about this". I just stay skinny but feel kind of sickly and on edge when I eat too much of it.

My metabolism started to slow at some point in my 30s but also that's when I really started to drink for the first time. Lot of sugar in booze I think?

i had some chocolate baklava last week and it was extremely delicious, gonna get some more tomorrow.

one thing i never understood is people drinking bottles of cola? i find it hard already to just drink a glass of cola. only really drink it when i'm nauseous, it has a medicinal taste if you ask me.

I only really drink booze and water: water at home, booze when I go out. Now and then I might have some orange juice or something, but very rarely.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Lot of sugar in booze I think?
    Yeah, it's in everything.

Then they tell you all our fruit and veg have been specially bred to be as sugary as candy floss so there's really no escape

And the diet and sugar free products are using stuff like aspartame which is also meant to be bad for you.

Gives you cancer. Like margarine.

Can you even buy margarine here?

Yeah weird isn't it. I was fed that as a kid. A lot of us were in the olden days but it seems weird now. Flora. Vitalite. Strange plastic spread.

Sugar is so bad I've heard people call it "the devil's cocaine".
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you