Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Uncredible

This is good. Very weak vocal though.

would be cool if you could implement some kind of machine learning thing to imitate skip james' playing style. of course that would horrify most blues people for a number of reasons but I think it could turn into something interesting.

Always liked this RL Burnside tune.

I think that the emo side of contemporary US hip hop is a lot like the original US blues. Dudes talking about the pains of existence in a wavy, raw fashion, talking about getting fucked up to escape, how the drugs will fuck you up you as well, all over minimalist repetitive musical accompaniment.

whitey has made some great blues recordings as well..

Brit rap. Not the early public enemy influenced britcore stuff which carries a modicum of critical cachet, the later 90s stuff.

I've noticed that, outside of the obvious darlings like jungle/garage/US rap, a lot of 90's music is terminally uncool. Trip hop, e.g.

Whereas even the uncool pop from the 80s is now capable of credibility.
    Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    This is good. Very weak vocal though.

Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.

I personally think the comparison to emo rap and the blues is ridiculous and surfacy but thats just me really

however as far as stuff thats "uncredible" these days id say alot of 00s "indie" these days is uncredible it just dawned on alot of now 30 year olds that alot of those bands were uncool and sexless and they were led to believe that Pete Doherty smoking crack in a van was on the same level as Jim Morrison dying in a bathtub.

Its why i also feel comfortable saying "grindie" will never come back because of this, i cant see a British equivalent out there who fuses say The Futureheads and Tempa T and by some minor miracle makes that shit sound natural aint happening

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WebEschatology For This Useful Post:

theres one or two people but most forms of "extreme" rock music i think alot of people would refuse to touch on here

Grindcore,Powerviolence,Death metal that kinda thing DEFINITLY Crust Punk(considering psytrance got brought up)

Black Metal for a while now has been the most "credible" of the bunch but even then i think its the music, the people who are really into it and the neo nazi shit that understandably repel people

I think it's a bit pathetic personally to not like a scene because of its audience (psytrance excluded.) I don't really listen to much that is approved by RA simply cos the people there don't know the music they are writing about (/ can find better examples of the stuff they rep) unless its a detroit og or someone else who puts out a mix on there. version is far more clued into the RA ecosystem than I am, I just like making fun of them regurgitating out of date trends. But yeah that's like saying I don't listen to any of the music covered in the 90s source, which would rightly be taken as incredulous as opposed to uncredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    I respect islamists

Quote Originally Posted by WebEschatology View Post
    Grindcore,Powerviolence,Death metal that kinda thing DEFINITLY Crust Punk
    bro come on you know I'm ride or die for all that stuff

I don't talk about it cos it's Dissensus - luke almost loses his mind at Discharge let alone the galaxies of noise not music they inspired, blissblogger disdains all shredding as pointless, etc

but yeah

and all of those except maybe crust (and even that, really) have undergone critical reappraisals, if they even needed it

Southern Lord, possibly the most renowned (+ consistent) cool metal label, has put out all of those kinds of records

there's hella artsy grind, powerviolence always had avant noise connections - as exemplified by Man Is the Bastard/Bastard Noise, and so on

the last few years there's been an absolute tidal wave of "cool" death metal as younger heads sick of brutal tech death + whatever went back to the OSDM roots

it's true that most people here probably wouldn't fuck with most/any of it, but that's a failing of dissensus rather than the other way around

the advent of grindcore was always de facto avant - what the fuck else is Scum?

"powerviolence" was a stupid in-joke as much as a scene but also - blinding speed, sludge, noise, no hooks - a distillation of all the least accessible parts of hardcore

and the same for the advent of death metal

"death metal is a music that is boundaryless [sic]. you can be as heavy as you want, you can be as sick as you want, you can be as fast or as slow as you want."