what elevates pop music over dance music?

craner

Beast of Burden
That’s why I don’t write about music and when I was asked to do a list, it wasn’t a manifesto.

No disrespect to your list for that, in fact it made me feel embarrassed about my louche collection of favourite tunes.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
classical training. that's why he was able to use the high art music peoples tools against them to make infectious ukg pop songs/remixes whilst bringing twitchy micro sampling to the mainstream.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Like I keep saying I'm not against us engaging with the mainstream, in fact I am quite for it. But I want to do it Al Pacino style. Soul II Soul revival.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Nah I mean where did you see craner arguing that Calvin Harris was better?

oh fine that was exagerrating but to say that Calvin is more of a pop sensation than MJ Cole is anti-london imperialist revisionism. this is why we need our own independent republic.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i can only ever support Welsh independence if Craner instigates the Tom Jones revival.

masterpiece of old man pervy funk.

version

I gave my mate a Tom Jones single for his birthday a few years back and the neighbours ended up coming round and smacking on the window because we played it over and until about 6am. This one.

craner

Beast of Burden
But I love MJ Cole!

Everyone knows I am a 2-step garage evangelist! 10 years ago when I was a depressed alcoholic unemployed dickhead Woebot sent me a personally curated garage CD just to cheer me up! That’s how closely associated I am with it!

craner

Beast of Burden
Can we just clear this up too: I am totally against Welsh Independence. I don’t even consider Wales a country. It’s a territory with parts that I love, but its claim to independence is based on a minority language and a sport it excelled at in the 1970s, and everybody in South Wales basically agrees with me after a few drinks or when they’re not going for jobs in the Assembly or the public sector.

version

mvuent's the only real proponent of Welsh Independence on here. Him and maybe that guy who wanted to eat barty in his basement or whatever it was.