what elevates pop music over dance music?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
now that conception of the future is a perpetual battle to make the artificial more an aspect of daily life. I don't have a problem with that per se, however in my aesthetic leanings I have to moderate that tension (ofc this isn't always strictly an either/or thing) because when the artificial just pretends to be another musical instrument, what's the point? And by musical instrument I don't just mean a synth being played pianistically but the use of technology to fully conform to certain standardised melodic values.

and contrarily there is a gradiant of future that veers to intensifying the artificials artificial and disruptive aspects. I wouldn't say it's less futurist because of it. In a way it is more futurist because it opens up emotions that are a malfunction of the cybernetic system and hence drive man forward to find the sickest most insane sonics even more. a fully closed off future is merely the present.

This is my best insight on the forum. The technophobes are right, electronic music as electricity is not music, but pure rhythm and texture. But that is why it will always possess a unbreakable futuristic imaginary because in a very real sense, all music has come to an end (which, revealingly, is the title of a cristian vogel album.) @blissblogger @luka

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
futurism didn't exist as a dynamic phenomenon even in its 80s and 90s hayday. it was always an imaginary, and fairly out of date one. but never underestimate the power of myth, they can be thousand years out of date and still provide great works of beauty and horror.

Also this.